Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-26-2010, 09:07 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Also, do you want me to post an ABIT that should read the right fan stuff etc. I've been working on the Biostar I forgot about the abit fix.

even thou the abit has an fsb setting, i like the biostar one better. Smile

does the current biostar one support the newer processors?

Nick
Yep, the only issue is that it wont boot windows Sad
The Biostar bios itself loads much faster and seems to post in half the time. Plus, I love the splashscreen. also, the fans were working right for me, and this bios had the smartfan adjuster that auto detects the right settings.
Chris
(03-26-2010, 10:40 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, the only issue is that it wont boot windows Sad
The Biostar bios itself loads much faster and seems to post in half the time. Plus, I love the splashscreen. also, the fans were working right for me, and this bios had the smartfan adjuster that auto detects the right settings.
Chris

does the unmoded biostar work for you?

Nick
(03-26-2010, 11:01 AM)banana19 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-26-2010, 10:40 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, the only issue is that it wont boot windows Sad
Chris

does the unmoded biostar work for you?

Nick

what if windows is loading the wrong acpi driver? tried doing a repair?

Nick
It isn't a driver, because it won't even let me boot a generic install CD without that BSOD. I did not try the standard Biostar BIOS, possibly my mistake. Have you been successful with the stock Biostar bios?

Chris
just used the bin in the first page of thread, and my cpu fan is going fast and slow very frequently, and when its fast its FAST never had it go that fast before and its loud, its not the rear fan only cpu fan, didnt unplug rear fan yet but going to, and i OCED the frequencies on my athlon 5000+ to 225, bringing me from 2.6 to 2.9 rougly 3 ghz, so .4 ghz x 2 = .8ghz so roughly a total of 1 ghz improvment.
(03-26-2010, 11:10 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]It isn't a driver, because it won't even let me boot a generic install CD without that BSOD. I did not try the standard Biostar BIOS, possibly my mistake. Have you been successful with the stock Biostar bios?

Chris

ya stocked biostar worked fine.

Nick
Lolman,

Im confused. If the CPU is going fast, its probably because you are OCing it som much. So now the question is, did you go into the ABIT setup and set smartfan to auto. Also, I will eventaully work out a solution for the noisy system fan, but you can follow the guide a couple pags back on rewiring it to a low medium or high RPM.

TheWiz
Un OCED it and still goes fast and slow annoying, going to restore original bios and yes i put it auto Tongue, either way im going to save up for a new mobo its about 3 years old now
I am using this bios and i REPEAT I am NOT having these issues, which means your bios settings config IS NOT set right. These things have to be set:

ACPI Enabled
HPET SUPPORT ENABLED
MEMORY defaults to 533, set to MAxMemClk
MAKE SURE FLOPPY IS DISABLED EVERYWHERE YOUS EE IT, it slows down trmemendously when floppy is enabled for whatever reason.

TheWiz
(03-26-2010, 09:45 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]I am using this bios and i REPEAT I am NOT having these issues, which means your bios settings config IS NOT set right. These things have to be set:

ACPI Enabled
HPET SUPPORT ENABLED
MEMORY defaults to 533, set to MAxMemClk
MAKE SURE FLOPPY IS DISABLED EVERYWHERE YOUS EE IT, it slows down trmemendously when floppy is enabled for whatever reason.

TheWiz

you going to try that oringal biostar bios? im curious to see if it fixes your acpi promlem

nick