Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like the biostar one for the voltages but is there any way to restore the bios if it fails, without another chip ?
Another chip with a working BIOS is the best solution for me. But I know how to "hot-swap" and to "hot-flash" such a chip...

I have a mcp61pm-am out of a Acer E380 and it worked 100%with that biosstar-BIOS after an update of the AGESA you can find in the forum!!! Perhaps you can also find the list of processors I've tested. At the moment I'm going through some testings with an MSI-BIOS and I will get a new MSI-board with the same chipset but manufacturer-certified AM2+-support and so a fully 95W compliance. I will search the differences between these boards. Though the BIOS seems to work fine and stressless. When I got the new board there will be also a test of the 955 and even some highpower AM3 processors!
ill probably wait until you test the 955 before i try it but i can try the bios with the athlon64 X2 5000+ BE i have , that should give me an idea of how the bios will work.
I flashed my HP machine with the BIOS on the first page in this thread. The flash went perfectly and my machine has been working great!! However, I have some software for work that is locked to my machine via a hardware lock it creates based on the hardware in my machine. After flashing with the BIOS I started having issues with my software, kept telling me my hardware lock was invalid. Anyways, I thought I could just flash back to the original HP BIOS to see if that would fix it. That's when I ran into trouble. I flashed, using the HP .exe file, in Windows. The flash said successful, so I rebooted. Now all I get is a blue HP splash screen with a v5.16, boot menu, setup, and system recovery as options at the bottom of the screen. I can't even get into any of the options.

*Update*
I pulled the CMOS jumper to reset it and now I can actually get into the setup menu in BIOS, but the machine still won't boot past the point where it detects the hard drives. If I hit Esc I can get to the boot menu but when I choose any of the drives listed it goes to a blank screen with a flashing cursor.

Any thoughts on how to get this fixed?? I'm guessing my BIOS is corrupt. Can I buy a chip already flashed with the BIOS I need and pop it in??
(04-05-2010, 05:17 PM)talon4x4 Wrote: [ -> ]I flashed my HP machine with the BIOS on the first page in this thread. The flash went perfectly and my machine has been working great!! However, I have some software for work that is locked to my machine via a hardware lock it creates based on the hardware in my machine. After flashing with the BIOS I started having issues with my software, kept telling me my hardware lock was invalid. Anyways, I thought I could just flash back to the original HP BIOS to see if that would fix it. That's when I ran into trouble. I flashed, using the HP .exe file, in Windows. The flash said successful, so I rebooted. Now all I get is a blue HP splash screen with a v5.16, boot menu, setup, and system recovery as options at the bottom of the screen. I can't even get into any of the options.

*Update*
I pulled the CMOS jumper to reset it and now I can actually get into the setup menu in BIOS, but the machine still won't boot past the point where it detects the hard drives. If I hit Esc I can get to the boot menu but when I choose any of the drives listed it goes to a blank screen with a flashing cursor.

Any thoughts on how to get this fixed?? I'm guessing my BIOS is corrupt. Can I buy a chip already flashed with the BIOS I need and pop it in??

Yes you can get a bios chip, click on bios reprogramming services on this site Smile Dont flash in windows if you can ever help it, even with hp's util. Try disconnecting the hard drives, and cd drive, and disabling the sata controler (if you can in the bios). Then try and boot off a usb device. Maybe we can get it to reflash.

also i just Pm'd you my windows live messenger address if you want some live help
Nick
(04-05-2010, 06:12 PM)banana19 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes you can get a bios chip, click on bios reprogramming services on this site Smile Dont flash in windows if you can ever help it, even with hp's util. Try disconnecting the hard drives, and cd drive, and disabling the sata controler (if you can in the bios). Then try and boot off a usb device. Maybe we can get it to reflash.

also i just Pm'd you my windows live messenger address if you want some live help
Nick

Just tried pulling the drives and disabling the SATA device in BIOS, still no go. It sees the USB drive plugged in when I'm in BIOS but when it gets to the point were it should boot from it, I just get the blank screen and flashing cursor.

When I hit escape to try and get the boot menu a message flashes up real quick and I think it says "Have option ROM cannot be invoke (Vendor (some hex string) Device (another hex string)".

So it looks like reflash is my only option. Now, just to make sure, I just need to pull the chip with the sticker that reads "MCP61PM-HM". That's the BIOS chip correct?? I don't need any special tools to pull it out do I?? It looks like I can use a flat-blade on one corner and pop it out.

Thanks for the help on this!! Its help and support like this that made me donate to this site!! Thanks again!!
(04-05-2010, 07:35 PM)talon4x4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2010, 06:12 PM)banana19 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes you can get a bios chip, click on bios reprogramming services on this site Smile Dont flash in windows if you can ever help it, even with hp's util. Try disconnecting the hard drives, and cd drive, and disabling the sata controler (if you can in the bios). Then try and boot off a usb device. Maybe we can get it to reflash.

Nick

Just tried pulling the drives and disabling the SATA device in BIOS, still no go. It sees the USB drive plugged in when I'm in BIOS but when it gets to the point were it should boot from it, I just get the blank screen and flashing cursor.

When I hit escape to try and get the boot menu a message flashes up real quick and I think it says "Have option ROM cannot be invoke (Vendor (some hex string) Device (another hex string)".

So it looks like reflash is my only option. Now, just to make sure, I just need to pull the chip with the sticker that reads "MCP61PM-HM". That's the BIOS chip correct?? I don't need any special tools to pull it out do I?? It looks like I can use a flat-blade on one corner and pop it out.

Thanks for the help on this!! Its help and support like this that made me donate to this site!! Thanks again!!

mine doesnt have that the sticker on it, but its the only chip thats socketed. You can use a paperclip or small screwdriver (lol if you make [censored] driver two words the forum censors the word Tongue) to gently pull it out. (with the computer unlpugged). It should have notches on two corners that will allow your tool to pry it out. Notice that one of the corners on the chip looks like it has been cut off. (just like a cpu) Make note of the orientation of the corner so you can reinsert the chip correctly when you get it back.

if you have the time to play you could try and old fashioned network boot.. its the wake on lan feature in the bios. Just maybe you could get it to read a disk image that will allow you to reflash.

http://www.freewarereview.info/2007-06/t...ithin.html

Nick
(04-05-2010, 08:11 PM)banana19 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2010, 07:35 PM)talon4x4 Wrote: [ -> ]

Nick

mine doesnt have that the sticker on it, but its the only chip thats socketed. You can use a paperclip or small screwdriver (lol if you make [censored] driver two words the forum censors the word Tongue) to gently pull it out. (with the computer unlpugged). It should have notches on two corners that will allow your tool to pry it out. Notice that one of the corners on the chip looks like it has been cut off. (just like a cpu) Make note of the orientation of the corner so you can reinsert the chip correctly when you get it back.

if you have the time to play you could try and old fashioned network boot.. its the wake on lan feature in the bios. Just maybe you could get it to read a disk image that will allow you to reflash.

http://www.freewarereview.info/2007-06/t...ithin.html

Nick

I just set up a network boot just so I would know that I could Smile Its kinda neat. I can email you all the files zipped it you want. Just pm me the address.

Nick
Talon,

Make sure you are VERY gentle removing the chip. My socket cracked on this board (still works) trying to move it the wrong way. As long as you remember to pull upward and leave no pressure leaning on the sides, you will be fine.

TheWiz
(04-05-2010, 11:43 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Talon,

Make sure you are VERY gentle removing the chip. My socket cracked on this board (still works) trying to move it the wrong way. As long as you remember to pull upward and leave no pressure leaning on the sides, you will be fine.

TheWiz

removal guide thread

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Bi...oval-Guide

Nick