Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed that regardless of the cpu speed i set in the bios once I get into windows it shows as the original cpu speed. Yet overclocking with ntune works fine. Now there are some settings in this bios that I cant determine because they are labeled with just a letter like t, q, m, s, etc. If you have a minute maybe you could explain or just give me a list of the options in order. thanks alot.
Well as for the random letters, I have no idea either, they're just hidden settings I unlocked that show up like that. Aas for saving the overclocknig options without NTUNE, go to the BIOS, set the settings you want, save them, unplug the computer for 15 seconds, and then plug it in and fire it! this should save the settings without fail.

Thanks,
TheWiz
Great, unplugging the pc worked just like you said. Thanks
Let me start off by stating, "This is my first attempt at overclocking any cpu and I understand all the things that could go wrong." Now, i am a complete noob, i have tried everything stated at the beginning of this thread. I did all the steps to make my usb bootable. I downloaded the custom and the oem 98 bootdisk from bootdisk.com; however, when i try extractign the bootdisk using 7 zip it says unsupported file compresssion. when i try using win-rar, it says file is corrupt. When i try just runnign the bootdisk program it ask for a floppy. I have tried the hp usb tool and when i select the folder in which the 98bootdisk is located it says no dos programs exist. I am running windows 7 64 bit. Can you please help me?
Don't fret, the bootdisk disks are crap for this apparently, something I learned through experience.

Just use this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Programs...20Disk.zip

Just extract the zip and point the HP tool to the folder.

Also after flash. It has been determined that to save settings you have to save the settings you want, instantly unplug computer for 10 seconds, then go ahead and let it boot. The menus will be a bit jumpy and unstable, I use my own mods too, but the settings apply safely and that's what counts.

Thanks

TheWiz
(11-28-2009, 10:29 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Don't fret, the bootdisk disks are crap for this apparently, something I learned through experience.

Just use this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Programs...20Disk.zip

Just extract the zip and point the HP tool to the folder.

Also after flash. It has been determined that to save settings you have to save the settings you want, instantly unplug computer for 10 seconds, then go ahead and let it boot. The menus will be a bit jumpy and unstable, I use my own mods too, but the settings apply safely and that's what counts.

Thanks

TheWiz

Thanks alot, that worked great and i was able to successfully flash the bios. I've noticed the voltages are still greyed out though. Is this because this mobo does not support voltage moding or am i just not doing something correctly?

Also, i have become an instant fan of this website as well as your other website, computer limbo. Lots of good information on both sites. Keep up the good work.
Thanks for the comments, we are still working on site speed content etc, but we have a great staff Big Grin the voltages greyed out are just readouts, and unfortunatly there are no voltage options available.

Thanks,
TheWiz

Plus, what kind of overclock have you gotten?
(11-29-2009, 06:23 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the comments, we are still working on site speed content etc, but we have a great staff Big Grin the voltages greyed out are just readouts, and unfortunatly there are no voltage options available.

Thanks,
TheWiz

Plus, what kind of overclock have you gotten?

Well this PC came stock with the AMD 64 X2 5000+ cpu (2600MHz). I have only gotten to play around with it for about 30 min so far, but i have gotten it stable at 2795MHz. I have not played around with HT multiplier yet, but I think I read somewhere you can get this chip stable at 2997MHz by using a core clock of 333 with an HT multiplier of 9. Maybe it was another chip or a different mobo, but I'll keep trying. I will let you know what the final results are once I get there.

Thanks again for all your help.
KK, I have the same proccessor on one of my pcs w this board, its an HP a6130n. I don't know if the physical cpu itself has the multiplier locked, but hopefully you'll get it. Are you using stock cooling, because ons tock I idle at 20C

TheWiz
Well my 6123w came with a 64 x2 4400+ @ 2.3ghz and with this bios mod I have it totally stable at 2.9ghz with basically stock cooling other than a more powerfull fan and lapping the heatsink. Never goes over 48 degrees celsius at full load and idles at 34 to 36. Though the temps at stock clock speed were basically the same. Temps did go up at initial clock speed increase to around 57 to 60 under load but lapping the heatsink and the more powerfull fan brought them back down. Any higher than 2.9ghz and wont boot windows. Not bad o.c. though.