Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have tried the first post BIOS, the ABIT and the Biostar, but the AMD Athlon II X3 440 doesnt work with any...
I need help =(
Thanks! Wink
I have flashed the M613Z.19.BIN bios and I have some questions please. I have a basically stock HP A6130N with a Nettle 2 motherboard and an AMD 64x2 5000+ CPU. I read through the forums here but maybe I am missing something. I cannot seem to find the options for adjusting the CPU multiplier or the CPU voltage. I tried CTL + F1 and CTL + F2; however, I do still do not see those options. Do I need to try a different bios or am I just doing something wrong.
Hey jbreedlo,

I have the exact same PC in my network so I can tell you what's happening. First off, because the CPU HP included with this PC is not a Black Edition proccessor, you can not set your multiplier. This is a physical limitation of the CPU itself, as it must be a BE edition. As for the CPU voltage, if you look a couple pages back you will find the post by banana19which has the special mod for CPU voltage.

Thanks,
TheWiz
(06-19-2010, 09:52 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Hey jbreedlo,

I have the exact same PC in my network so I can tell you what's happening. First off, because the CPU HP included with this PC is not a Black Edition proccessor, you can not set your multiplier. This is a physical limitation of the CPU itself, as it must be a BE edition. As for the CPU voltage, if you look a couple pages back you will find the post by banana19which has the special mod for CPU voltage.

Thanks,
TheWiz

Thanks Wiz. Have you OC'd your comp? Could you tell me what settings you have found that run stable? Thank you for the help
Right now I have not OC'ed this machine because I am waiting for a better proccessor, but I am aware of the realistic OC boundaries. If you are still using the stock HP ram, do try to bump to 800mhz frequency. I would try lowering the latency timings a small bit. If you did upgrade your RAM yo 800mhz with heat spreaders, well then you have a bit more flexibility.

As for the CPU if you get the mod and raise your CPU volt a VERY small percent, you could reach an FSB anywhere frm 215-230 with stock cooling.
Alright....I did a party foul. I changed my tras timing on my dram and now the pc just beeps at startup and I can't get into the bios to change it back to default. Is there a fix for this?

Edit...I was able to remove the battery and reset the bios...all good now
Im trying to back to M613Z_19 because I have now Biostar and have a lot of errors, but when I try to flash witch awdflash M613Z_19.BIN /py /sn /cc /cd /cp /wb /r /f but it shows "Flash ROM is Write-Protected Please make sure wether lockout jumpers is set to correct or not"

Anyone knows whats happen?

Thanks!
(06-19-2010, 05:39 PM)Vancete Wrote: [ -> ]Im trying to back to M613Z_19 because I have now Biostar and have a lot of errors, but when I try to flash witch awdflash M613Z_19.BIN /py /sn /cc /cd /cp /wb /r /f but it shows "Flash ROM is Write-Protected Please make sure wether lockout jumpers is set to correct or not"

Anyone knows whats happen?

Thanks!

i have that problem on one machine also. Give me a few days and ill try and look at it. been crazy busy.

Nick
Okay, thanks banana19 Tongue
TheWiz there are news from the new BIOS?Smile
Greetings!Wink
Has anyone else experienced problems with the dram settings? If I even enable the option to change the dram settings witout actually making changes it causes my pc to beep repeatedly and not boot upon saving the changes in bios and restarting. I have a HP A6130n with two sticks of the factory samsung ram and two sticks of pny ram with heat spreeders. Also, I'm using the abit.bin bios posted a few pages back.