Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Correction it is at 2.88 ghz.
if my mobo is iris8 the only diference is 2 slot of ram an sound can i use this mod ?
Most likely, but if you search the unlocked section you will find my mod for the Iris8

TheWiz
so with this update to the bios i will be able to use a 3.0GHz 89 watts on my mobo
What proccessor?
3GHz and 89W could only mean X2 6000+ (90nm, Windsor):
http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPU...spx?id=548&f1=AMD+Athlon%E2%84%A2+X2&f2=6000%2b&f3=3000&f4=1024&f5=AM2&f6=f3&f7=90nm+SOI&f8=89+W&f9=2000&f10=False&f11=False&f12=True
that one yes
this works great, but has anyone found the multiplier yet ? or what is it :S
(12-05-2009, 02:31 AM)gabefauver@yahoo.com Wrote: [ -> ]Well my 6123w came with a 64 x2 4400+ @ 2.3ghz and with this bios mod I have it totally stable at 2.9ghz with basically stock cooling other than a more powerfull fan and lapping the heatsink. Never goes over 48 degrees celsius at full load and idles at 34 to 36. Though the temps at stock clock speed were basically the same. Temps did go up at initial clock speed increase to around 57 to 60 under load but lapping the heatsink and the more powerfull fan brought them back down. Any higher than 2.9ghz and wont boot windows. Not bad o.c. though.

what settings did you change to get it that high !? im changing the cpu u frequency saving the settings and unplugging the pc for a good 20 sec and replugging still nothing changed
Let me think, cpu freq = 250 , HT = 3x, set ram to "max mem clock", 800mhz, yours may be diff depending on your ram. the multiplier is locked at 11.5 on these processors (at least on mine it is). that put mine at 2.88 ghz. and to get the settings to work I had to save changes and exit bios, let it restart, shut down, unplug wait 20 sec or so, plug back in and then it worked. letting it restart after making changes is essential.(atleast on mine it was).
yeah gabe described it PERFECTLY. I forgot you have to doa full restart b4 the unplug. Also gabe, I think I know how to add am2 plus support. Of course, its way risky business, and you sld have a recovery method, but I think I know where to patch it with the latest agesa and microcode, which will enable you to use quad core amd cpus.

TheWiz