Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) and installed m613z_19 and i to got an unidentified coprocessor. Also i think im having an issue with nvidia system tools fighting with my bios settings but can oc with stabillity. I still need to get online with it to see if windows will find the driver. Mabey i can do this tonight and let you guys Know. PS i read this whole thread b4 the update.
Windows automatically reinstalled all the correct drivers for me. It will be easy enough to get the coproccessor driver as well.

Regards,
TheWiz
i am wondering about the RAM i need pc-6400 so here is my dilema i can get 4 2 gig sticks total 8 timing 5-5-5-18 or i can get 4 1gig sticks total 4 timing 4-4-4-12 both of them pc-6400 which one will better suit this hp bios mod for oc purposes?
(08-24-2010, 10:51 PM)AvidGamer Wrote: [ -> ]i am wondering about the RAM i need pc-6400 so here is my dilema i can get 4 2 gig sticks total 8 timing 5-5-5-18 or i can get 4 1gig sticks total 4 timing 4-4-4-12 both of them pc-6400 which one will better suit this hp bios mod for oc purposes?

dont know but mr avid gamer i got ddr2 800 5-5-5-18 memory and it run at t2 but is good, i got kingston ddr2 800 cheap 1 from amazon 2x1mb i got and i overclock from 2.2ghz - 2.9 run it at 1.9v and clock it up to about 450ish, or over clock and turn it down to ddr2 667 run at 400mhz processor 2.8 and thats at setting 5-5-5-15 and 400mhz t1, i think kingston 5-5-518 ddr2 800 is good it good enough 4 me and my gaming combat arms , hope u sort u dilema out.
Definitely the timings on the second are better and you will have twice the dual channel memory config, just remember if you choose this route and later want more RAM it will be more expensive to upgrade. personally I use these with great success.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6820231122

TheWiz
Do you think this hp board will like a phenome II x4 945 deneb 3.0Ghz 95watt cpu? i am aware that hp says 89watt max not sure if that small of a difference would be critical or not?
95W's we have had mixed performance with, the odds are pretty good though for success.

TheWiz
I've just finished doing all the procedures listed on page 1. As far as well, everything looks OK, once even the "crazy fan" was trying to make my PC flying, but after the reboot everything went back to normal. My device manager was kind of crazy trying to identify the installed devices but also went back to normal after a new reboot. The only thing is that is showing a disabled unknown device @ floppy driver controller. Question: Is that too much be thinking about installing a phenom x4 965 or even x6?
Not the 965 because it sucks too much power, but the lower wattage 95W phenoms should work. In regards to the controller, please DISABLE the FD controller as it impedes eprformance on bottable restre CDs and such. Also make sure HPET is enabled if your on vista/7.

If they roll out the Phenom X^ 95W stuff it could be possible but it hasn't been tested. You could throw in a 6 core 95W 1055T and be the first tester Smile I do know that weve had quads booting before, see testing done couple apges back and in the other threads that use this unlocked BIOS.

Welcome to the forums,
TheWiz
(09-07-2010, 08:03 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Not the 965 because it sucks too much power, but the lower wattage 95W phenoms should work. In regards to the controller, please DISABLE the FD controller as it impedes eprformance on bottable restre CDs and such. Also make sure HPET is enabled if your on vista/7.

If they roll out the Phenom X^ 95W stuff it could be possible but it hasn't been tested. You could throw in a 6 core 95W 1055T and be the first tester Smile I do know that weve had quads booting before, see testing done couple apges back and in the other threads that use this unlocked BIOS.

Welcome to the forums,
TheWiz

Well, I got the Phenom X4 635, which runs on 95W. I installed it, but the PC didn't start. So I put back my Athlon 64 II. Did I miss anything? Well, I have a vista ultimate 64 installed in my pc and I couldn't find HPET in the advanced BIOS setup. I've disabled the FD controller in the BIOS and, anyways, my pc doesn't have a FD.
I got it. I found the HPET and enabled it. I also changed to maxmemclk. It was showing 500 and I switched to 800. But anyways during the boot it shows 677.
Thanks for the help. I'll be waiting for the issue regarding the Athlon X4 635.
My PC is an HP with AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ 2.40 GHz
4 GB 677 + 4 GB 800. Windows Vista Ultimate but upgrading to 7 Ultimate.