Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-28-2010, 05:42 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah you're right Gabe:

Drumroll please: Here is the latest beta image that should boot AM3 proccessors. I reccommend someone like Gabe reports back first for you guys, but basically follow the EXACT same instructions you did for the last modded BIOS using this image.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/HPn2b3.bin

Happy Modding!
TheWiz

I'll try this tonight after work.
I have little fear when running your bios as I have the same exact board you have (Came from an HP A6130N), matched memory and a fairly potent PSU.
Will update ya later Smile Thanks again!
OK guys, I don't have the time right now to answer all the questions but when I get home ill write up some instructions to clear everyone's confusion Big Grin

TheWiz
OK guys, I don't have the time right now to answer all the questions but when I get home ill write up some instructions to clear everyone's confusion Big Grin

TheWiz
As much as I want to flash I can't find my other chip....arghhhh!!!!Angry Ill keep looking... any body else try it yet?
(09-28-2010, 10:57 AM)mobilepcrepair79 Wrote: [ -> ]As much as I want to flash I can't find my other chip....arghhhh!!!!Angry Ill keep looking... any body else try it yet?

Yes... I am!

and...

AWDFLASH show me this: "The program file's part number does not match with your system!"

My flash type is PMC Pm49FL004T LPC/FWH
In order to override the part file check please add /f to the commandline. Again I haven't tested this on my own machine, only a MCP61 variant, so please procceed with caution.

In regards to the Iris, its literally the same board dumbed down further with only 2 RAM slots and is only used in compaq systems. Unlike the nettle2 which is more resistent to higher wattages, the iris8 is a bit flaky so I reccomend a 65W quad core if you can still find one. You may be able to get away with a 95W, but id be careful.

TheWiz
(09-28-2010, 02:31 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]In order to override the part file check please add /f to the commandline. Again I haven't tested this on my own machine, only a MCP61 variant, so please procceed with caution.

In regards to the Iris, its literally the same board dumbed down further with only 2 RAM slots and is only used in compaq systems. Unlike the nettle2 which is more resistent to higher wattages, the iris8 is a bit flaky so I reccomend a 65W quad core if you can still find one. You may be able to get away with a 95W, but id be careful.

TheWiz

Thank you. I should have read more before posting sorry about that but I didn't have the time to skim through the 48 pages lol. I saw your tested processors on the Iris and I'll hopefully find the fastest one for sale.
Well yes, but for whateverr eason those proccessors worked on the acer version of this board and haven't on the nettle2 for some reason, so were hoping users will be able to with this new beta bios.
I am having some issues flashing the bios.
For whatever reason my system automatically resets back to the original boot screen after entering flash mode. I will redo the process a few times to see if this continues.
I'm quite confused. I'd hold of doing anything more and explain it to me so no damage is incurred.