Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-02-2010, 11:23 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Well I'd try to give us a couple more days if possible, we found an ECS built ROM that has full AM3 support that I will personally test to ensure it is working.

For people who need their chip reflashed, if you can prepay the shipping to and fro thats the cost Big Grin

Edu_eduh, You can either hold off and see what this BIOS brings about or I'll post some links to your PM.

Thanks,
TheWiz

Thanks TheWiz. I'll hold it.
Ok guys, if you have a minute head over here http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Ne...king-Cpu-s

Since the supported processor's have changed a bit from the oem's description a list of confirmed working cpu's would be handy.
So for now a short report about the latest Beta-BIOS...
I could resolve the ACPI-issue with XP by setting it inactive. Linux and DOS worked without problem but any other Windows won't...
So I went back to the second 3D-Guru-cracked Acer E380 and got it runing great!
Now I'm waiting for the next BIOS to try painting some more splasher! Wink
Ok, got a new board. But I made sure to get the closest thing to the nettle2 that I could find. It is a biostar MCP6P M2+ v 6.x only two memory slots but supports am2, am2+, and am3. phenom, phenom 2, athlon II all up to 95 watts. bios is 1 mb in size and in .bss format but I renamed it from .bss to .bin and opened it with modbin. Wow almost all the same as the nettle but with a new menu with some cool stuff. I don't know if it will help with the nettle 2 bios project but I think it will. here is a link to the download page for the bios, http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/bios.php?S_ID=370

DO NOT FLASH THIS OR EVEN ATTEMPT ON THE NETTLE 2, THIS IS FOR RESEARCH ONLY!!!!

There are two versions available, the second one adds support for new am3 cpu.
Hey guys and thanks for all help!
I've flashed my mainboard and am now running Phoenix Award v6.00PG as BIOS? I can't find voltage control though in my new bios?
Running 5000+ stable @ 3ghz giving me quite good performance.

Anyways, i was thinking about upgrading the cpu. I've got a friend at work willing to sell his 6000+ (double cache) really cheap.
Should I go with this or what is the best cpu for my computer? It seems to be using alot more power (100w++), will that be a problem, both heat-wise and power-wise?
I'm running 800mhz DDR2 so maybe a Phenom x2 is a waste of money? What do you think? Will the 3.2 ghz Phenom II work on this board with my ram?

And another question. I just installed Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit and am running 4gb corsair ddr2. Will another 4gb increase the performance, both now and after an upgrade.

Thanks in advance. Your the best Big Grin
Welcome Big Grin

The 4gb Corsair sticks are good @ ddr2800, you would only need an additional 4 if your some uber RAM hog Tongue

As for the CPUs, we are still working on a BIOS that properly supports the phenom stuff, so don't buy one just yet. If you can pick up a cheap X2 that is 89W or under than it is worth it, the 125W models will burn your board's socket really quick.

Voltage is in the "super secret" version the bios Tongue If you need voltage shoot me an email or just reply to the thread.

TheWiz
VLW the wiz, free overclocking Smile less vcore vcore not have a choice : (
I have been reading through all of the posts and I know that an updated version exists somewhere on this site.

MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) v5.27s is thte name I think. Or perhaps it is called version 2?

In any event if you could tell me where to find the download that would be awesome!
(10-22-2010, 04:07 PM)Batman Wrote: [ -> ]I have been reading through all of the posts and I know that an updated version exists somewhere on this site.

MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) v5.27s is thte name I think. Or perhaps it is called version 2?

In any event if you could tell me where to find the download that would be awesome!

The Latest version of this mod can be downloaded from the first post in this thread

Regards
Admin
I am using this BIOS mod. I am having issues with windows 7 64-bit restarting.

Can anyone tell me if this BIOS is ACPI compliant? Trying to determine if the issue is a BIOS issue or a driver issue.

Thanks in advance for any help.