Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
awesome thanks wiz! Big Grin has this magical "elite" version been tested/stable?
Yep, it's just as stable as the other one.

then i'll give it whirl and try it out thanks a million! Big Grin
1 more thing on the first page in your instructions >
Quote:...Enable HPET Support in Advanced BIOS setup...
HPET is in the power options not the adv bios.
After flashing the bios on my Nettle2, the rear case fan went extremely loud, and started making a very loud grinding sound after about 5 minutes, the center of the fan was warm to touch.
I unplugged it but I would like to fix it soon, as my GPU is heating up my case far too much if I put the side panel back on.
What should I do to fix this?

EDIT: I also tried using speed fan to slow it down, but that program did nothing, except confuse me.
(12-09-2010, 10:40 AM)jsilvermist Wrote: [ -> ]After flashing the bios on my Nettle2, the rear case fan went extremely loud, and started making a very loud grinding sound after about 5 minutes, the center of the fan was warm to touch.
I unplugged it but I would like to fix it soon, as my GPU is heating up my case far too much if I put the side panel back on.
What should I do to fix this?

EDIT: I also tried using speed fan to slow it down, but that program did nothing, except confuse me.

I have the exact same problem as jsilver, and I have tried the exact same things that he has. The fan is way too loud, so I unplugged it but the CPU seemed very unstable, I went in with Speedfan and tried to reduce it's speed, but again, it didn't even respond.
So far this new bios hasn't really worked out for me, my computer now studders in odd places, I can't even get the machine to play music off of Windows Media Player anymore without the program "not responding".
I was able to hit the 800mhz on my ram, so that was nice, but with this studdery juttery, programs crashing all of the place performance, I can't even try out any new speeds for the ram or the CPU.
Someone please help me if you can.
Just so you know I'm using the AMD 5000+ with the stock 2.6 GHz, 8GB of DDR2, Windows 7 Professional 64Bit, also, so you know I went it and enable that one option in the bios that recommends the user able if they have a 64bit OS.
Unfortunately, even at the stock 2.6 cpu speed and the RAM's speed set to auto, i still get these jarring hitches.
Hi, so I have this motherboard: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docum...=c01077676&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3548185#N33
and I tried modifying the bios about 2 years ago, and flashed the modded bios, which bricked the motherboard I believe; when I tried to turn it on, all it shows is a black screen, and it doesn't seem to boot. So now, I want to try to recover the motherboard and flash this modded bios so I can replace my current htpc motherboard if it cannot be unlocked. I have already tried the recovery instructions on this website to no avail. How else can I recover the motherboard?
Changing the BIOS-chip is an avialable option. Take contact to TheWiz or 1234s282 per PM, they can give you a hand...
(11-10-2010, 07:00 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the forums!

We have had similar issues to keep it simple. The ABIT BIOS seems to only boot Phenoms on the acer boards, and for some reason won't boot them on the compaq/hp stuff yet. I'm pretty sure this MOD doesn't truly have full support for the phenom yet, but we are hoping to add it soon. As of right now tough we still do not have any proven tested method.

Thanks,
TheWiz

Any news on this yet, does the elite version i just read about support the phenoms
Hello friends.

You ALL are LIVING GODS for making this work.
living gods did not have stinky feet... Tongue