Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Compaq/HP SR5123WM system with the MCP61PM-HM (Nettle-GL8E) system board. I flashed the BIOS on page 1, following the instructions. Everything went as planned, the BIOS flashed and off I went into Windows. I decided to sale the system so I wanted to put the old BIOS back on. I flashed the old BIOS and now when the system powers on it posts, I can get into the BIOS and it detects the drives installed, but after the initial post I get a blinking cursor in the upper left as if it's not proceeding with the boot operation. I've tried booting from USB, CD and HDD, and nothing happens, just the same blinking cursor. I'm guessing it was a bad flash, or a partial flash, over the unlocked BIOS. What are my options?
First reset CMOS...
My board (MCP61PM-AM) shows this behavior if the flash isn't finished with a CMOS-reset. And it will still crash Windows if you don't load BIOS-defaults setting your values afterwards manually.
(01-11-2011, 11:42 AM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: [ -> ]reset cmos...

I've reset it by pulling the battery/power and by means of the jumper. Same thing.
(01-11-2011, 11:51 AM)StirCwazy Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2011, 11:42 AM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: [ -> ]reset cmos...

I've reset it by pulling the battery/power and by means of the jumper. Same thing.

I'm no BIOS genius like a lot of you guys are, but I'm guessing I've got a screwed BIOS due to a bad flash. I've noticed a time or two that someone has mentioned reprogramming the BIOS chip, IF I'm correct, how would I go about getting it reflashed?
Have you tried the recovery?
If you did and it does not work for you, there are some guys all over the web selling even preflashed BIOS-chips.
If you only want your BIOS-chip to be reflashed you need to ask (depending on you habit) 1234s282 or TheWiz with a PM...
Good luck to you! I'm sure you'll be able to recover... Wink
(01-12-2011, 07:56 AM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried the recovery?
If you did and it does not work for you, there are some guys all over the web selling even preflashed BIOS-chips.
If you only want your BIOS-chip to be reflashed you need to ask (depending on you habit) 1234s282 or TheWiz with a PM...
Good luck to you! I'm sure you'll be able to recover... Wink

Don't suppose you could point me in the right direction for purchasing a replacement. My searches aren't turning up much =)
I hope I did what I could... Wink
(01-12-2011, 09:04 AM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: [ -> ]I hope I did what I could... Wink

Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks =)
Good morning !
I've just flashed my BIOS, and it worked Big Grin
I've overclocked my AMD Athlon 64 X2 at 2.95 GHz (well, it's not extraordinary ^^) but I've some questions :
1/ Where is the VCore control ?
2/ Where can we set timings (my memory is detected as 5-5-5-15, but can work at 4-4-4-12) ?
3/ My fan makes more noise as before, how can I fix that ? (I've enabled Smart Fan)
4/ Do you have the CPU Support list ? Is the Athlon II X3 445 supported ?
Thank you very much ! (and sorry for my bad English !)
Hi Romano,

Some people have gotten there Phenom's and Athlon IIs working, some haven't been able to. I am still personally looking into ensuring support for the newer CPUs. If you go a few pages back in this thread you will fin the "abit unlocked" BIOS that has the VCore control for the CPU. To quiet down the fans, you need to enable Q-Fan, not just smart fan. Also be sure to enable HPET support and DISABLE your the FDD support. As for memory timings, I know you can set the speed but its been a while since I've changed timings on my Nettle2. It may not be in this current BIOS.

TheWiz