Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you guys so much for putting such great effort into this project. I haven't flashed my BIOS yet though I was wondering if this CPU would work with the modded BIOS. AMD Phenom II X4 840 Propus 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor HDX840WFGMBOX (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6819103921) It is rated at 95w. Thanks again for the great work!
Any news on phenom quad core support...I have been running the good ol single core 2.4ghz in my compaq for awhile now, its just kills me to know i have a quad core to speed it up, but can't use it

Also...for some reason my sound stopped working...it was working, then after a reboot, well i actually booted a different hd on with vista, then rebooted back into xp and sound no longer worked, and i'm sure it worked before, any idea's...my device managers shows nothing, and yes speakers are plugged in, ive tried the speaker jack and headphone, with both headphones, powered computer speakers, and the speakers in my monitor.

Any idea's,
I would reinstall the latest realtek HD drivers and make sure your onboard peripherals are all enabled. I am hoping to get quad core support finalized soon, please drop me an email this weekend as a reminder Big Grin

Thanks,
TheWiz
(03-01-2011, 10:51 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]I would reinstall the latest realtek HD drivers and make sure your onboard peripherals are all enabled. I am hoping to get quad core support finalized soon, please drop me an email this weekend as a reminder Big Grin

Thanks,
TheWiz

Ok thanks, i'll do that, and i'll send you an email friday sending you a reminder.
Hello TheWiz !
So I've tested a Phenom II X4 955 (C3 stepping, 125 W) and it didn't work, I've had juste a black screen, nothing else.
I just wonder if the Athlon II X3 (C2 Stepping, 95 Watts) were compatible with this motherboard.
I've actually a 5600+ (89 Watts), but overcloked !
Bye Wink
Probably not as of yet as I have tried an athlon II x2 250 and was not fully compatable, booted but said unknown processor and was showing something like 800mhz for the speed.

I'll try the Athlon II X3 435 (C2 Stepping) and I'll tell you whether it works or not.
I'm a little disappointed because the 955 doesn't work :/
Hi friends! First post here, so before anything else, THANK YOU ALL for your great work.

I've got here a HP Compaq Presario SG3317BR, with a HP MCP61PM-HM board. It's a little old but very stable computer, and I would like to upgrade its CPU to something more powerful than the Athlon 64 BE-2350 (2.1 GHz) that came with it. Also, I've got a couple of old SATA HDDs here, and I'm considering to make a RAID on it just for kicks Big Grin

So, my initial questions are:
- is the Phenom processors support OK or still not? In case they work, which models are good for this board?
- does this BIOS support RAID, so I can start playing around with that?
- what's the best BIOS image released in this thread? Can I just download and flash the file linked in the first post or is there some better choice?

Thank you all and cheers from Brazil Smile
So... I've got myself some balls and flashed the file linked in the first post of this thread.

Worked fine, my HPQ booted normally (except for the boot logo, that obviously changed from Compaq to none). It recognized everything fine, I've disabled the FDD controller as you recommended... all OK.

And YES, this BIOS allowed me to create my RAID stripe I wanted. Now my 2 80 GB hard drives are working as one 160 GB RAID drive Smile

Now installing Win 7 Professional. My only question is still about the CPU upgrade. Is it OK to install Phenom quad-core or not just yet?

Thank you again guys, you rock!

(03-05-2011, 11:20 AM)yurifranzoni Wrote: [ -> ]Hi friends! First post here, so before anything else, THANK YOU ALL for your great work.

I've got here a HP Compaq Presario SG3317BR, with a HP MCP61PM-HM board. It's a little old but very stable computer, and I would like to upgrade its CPU to something more powerful than the Athlon 64 BE-2350 (2.1 GHz) that came with it. Also, I've got a couple of old SATA HDDs here, and I'm considering to make a RAID on it just for kicks Big Grin

So, my initial questions are:
- is the Phenom processors support OK or still not? In case they work, which models are good for this board?
- does this BIOS support RAID, so I can start playing around with that?
- what's the best BIOS image released in this thread? Can I just download and flash the file linked in the first post or is there some better choice?

Thank you all and cheers from Brazil Smile

I want to thank first of all, and say that it worked all right here Big Grin

My doubt is the same friend's post above.
My configuration is identical to theirs.
And I'm also from Brazil

Which Phenom processors that works with this board?
You can install a Phenom quad core?

Excuse the English, I'm using a translator

thanks ...

HP Compaq Presario SG3317BR - Nettle2 MCP61PM-HM - BE2350 Athlon 64 X2 - 4 GB DDR2