Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
can't find the option to change the cpu voltage. and the dimm voltage maxes out only @ 1.9v?
hello all
just to say great work you are doing

ok to the point as of now :
use and working ok on compaq sr5110nx with the mcp 61 nforce chip set
with the AMD Athion 64 3800+ < 2.4ghz up to 2.9ghz > sweet
ok before i flashed i was able to boot from usb flash disk
but i can not now is there any thing you can do to help out on this
i read some around the forum bib not find any thing on it yet

o ya big thanks now i can change the video mem from 128 up to 512
and now get 666mhz speed from mem befor was just 100mhz

Hi everyone,

The CPU voltage option is in a special version of this BIOS, which is available here following the same instructions:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/abit_unlocked.bin

As for the USB booting support, I still haven't gotten that working yet on my testbed either. I have been doing a lot of experimenting with Phenom support right now, so that we can use higher CPUs as well.

TheWiz
Hey, been reading this thread for some time and finally decided to take the plunge and flash my MB bios. Flashed the bios from the first page just fine in DOS. However, Windows 7 64-bit won't boot. Keep getting the StartupRepairOffline bad driver message when I try to restore or revert to an older image via the repair disk. I read somewhere that this is caused by a bad bios or some other bios issue. Not sure what it could be. I followed the instructions in the original post and changed the fan to Auto and HFET, and the floopy is disabled. Trying to find other options besides reinstalling everything.

Installing on a HP a6030n with the Nettle 2 MB (CPU = X2 4800+).

Also, Once windows is up, is there are way to control the fan speeds, or are they always running full blast?

Thanks for the assistance. Excited to OC a bit and see where I can take this machine.

(One last totally unrelated question that someone with this board may know the answer to: I upgraded the PS and graphics card. Ever since I upgraded the supply (Corsair 500W), when I turn the machine on, it acts as if it will start to post, then restarts and number of times (things spin up, then slow down), until finally it just posts normally. Before flashing I had this issue. The only time it wouldn't do it was when I entered sleep mode. I hooked up the old PS and it was doing it with that one as well. Any ideas? Thanks again for the help.)
Chances are the graphics card is an ATI 5xxx series which is notorious for not working and posting correctly with a lot of boards.

As for full fan speed, make sure to enable q-fan and use smart fan calibration which will quiet your fans down.

First, ensure you cannot boot in safe mode, then try the startup repair. It is probably trying to load a bad chipset driver and forcing the O.S. to cancel the boot procedure.

TheWiz
I have a HP Pavilion a6030n with MCP61pm-HM Rev 1.0a with Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG and it has AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core 4800+ 2.5 GHZ.

I am wanting to upgrade to one of three processors and want to know if they will work.Also if they will not work can you reccomend the best one i can use thanks for any help.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core
Also started thinking if those dont work maybe i could use this

AMD Phenom II X2 565 Callisto 3.4GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core

then after installing that could i do the core unlocking and unlock all 4 cores? also if you have any suggestions for the best processor to get that would help thanks.
wanted to add one more thing sorry , when i turn on my computer the bios is v5.07
sorry to bother you but im in need of help quick. I flashed my firends bios with the things you said to do hereafter i did that it started up just fine and worked great booted to windows, so then i went on to put in a x4 9500 thinking that it would work now all it does is power onto a black screen with the fans spining non stop and the power button is orange. he has HP Pavilion a6030n with MCP61pm-HM Rev 1.0a with Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG and it has AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core 4800+ 2.5 GHZ and when you boot it would say bios v5.07 thanks for any help.
another new update for anyone who may help with this , i just realized that in your picture of the motherboard your says 1.0b and my friends is 1.0A any difference here?
zevenzeroes, i dont think any of them cpu's will work but the last 1 which is 80 watts
but there is no 555 support and that says 565...so u'll have to wait, and i dont think u can unlock the extra cores either with this board/bios just yet
the fans on my HP are out of control post flash. i can't find 'q-fan' in this bios anywhere, can anyone point me in the right direction?

i saw the post with rewiring, etc.. and am not thrilled about those options (the fan in this thing appears to only have 3 wires)