Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bringing things back from the dead, but just wanted to say thank you for this. Flashed it, and it works flawlessly. Just waiting for the new case and ps, and will package it as a new pc for my gf. She wants to run adobe photoshop, and this is a great candidate for it now.
Tested and functional Angel except noise issue caused by the rear case fan. Unplugging the fan (as mentioned by TheWiz) has solved it but it would be great to fix this bug since CPU fan gets noisier when CPU gets more load specially if case is closed and case fan is not working. It should be something tying in with the initial voltage values. Thanks in advance for your support!Cool
I flashed my HP MCP61PM-HM Rev 1.0B with M613Z_19.BIN (flash ok).
Now, computer says one BIP, and stop on this screen :
[attachment=3163]

Please help me Confused
Hi Al2k,

As your board is tested and compatible with this BIOS, it would appear that the flash did not go as planned. Did you try resetting the cmos and restarting to see if it booted properly. Can you access BIOS setup?

TheWiz
Hi TheWiz,
Thanks for your reply,
I have already try resetting cmos before i post my message and i can't access to the bios.

But Good News, today the computer after 24h offline boot normally (computers are strange) Sleepy
I have to unplug the system fan (noise).
I was afraid because it is the pc of a friend but now it's ok Smile

Thanks for your support TheWiz. Wink
I have an HP tower with MCP61PM-HM board in it. The factory bios does not seem to have RAID options, but I believe the board does have a RAID controller. If I flash my bios using the instructions on the first page of this thread - will the modded bios allow for configuring a RAID O array?

I don't really care about overclocking - only the RAID settings - so I want to make sure this modded bios makes sense to use for RAID.

Thanks!
smass, there is a bios with raid options, idk which modes it supports, and afaik the overclocking version doesnt have the raid option, unless i cant find it, but since u dont want overclock it dont matter to u, but go through the pages, 1 of them has raid.
I believe the Biostart BIOS had raid 1 and 10, please let me know if you want confirmation.

TheWiz
Hi TheWiz,

May I ask a question, I have MCP61PM-HM REV:1.08, using Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 3800+ in BIOS v5.25, that is normal, one day I have download a new version v5.27 from HP web page, and update is successful. But after restart PC the problem is occur, the screen display ERROR: Unsupported CPU installed. PC will automatically power down in a few seconds.

Can't start up the PC after updated to v5.27, can you teach me how can i fix the problem ?

Thanks!
Hi fai,

I would reccommend using the award BIOS recovery method found at http://bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/ using the unlocked BIOS image provided on the first page of this thread so your CPU will be recognized and your BIOS will be unlocked.

Warm Regards,
TheWiz