Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was able to get it to 3.2ghz stable! The problem was that I was overclocking it too much trying to get it to run at 230, I didn't realize how clockspeed is calculated(core multiplier*frequency) so now I'm at 213 and it's good.
Since I flashed to new bios however I can't get my ssd to get a wep above 5.9? any idea what the issue could be?
@Connor_352, try using the nvidia drivers for IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers instead of microsoft. I have the nforce 430 6150SE drivers and they have improved disk performance for me but I don't have ssd, just regular drives connected by sata. Also your cpu if it's a K8 cpu I don't think you should expect it to go over 3.2ghz stable. My 5600 (windsor) is only stable slightly under 3.2 @ 3150mhz.

Can anyone tell me if this board has AHCI ?
Hi there,

I have flashed my nettle2 with success, however, I have the "always on, always full force" case fan problem. How do I solve it?
TIA

Serge
(03-31-2012, 11:21 AM)SergioDeNice Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

I have flashed my nettle2 with success, however, I have the "always on, always full force" case fan problem. How do I solve it?
TIA

Serge

It's one of the bios settings. Read back thru the posts. I can't remember off the top of my head. May be the AMD cool 'n quiet feature you need to set to auto.
(04-06-2012, 08:05 AM)scourge Wrote: [ -> ]It's one of the bios settings. Read back thru the posts. I can't remember off the top of my head. May be the AMD cool 'n quiet feature you need to set to auto.

Well, Cool'n'quiet is set to auto here, and other fan options seem to all relate to the CPU fan. I didn't go through the 70 pages of this thread, I only found a link to a hardware mod involving a molex connector. But that doesn't look too clean a solution to me Sad

[EDIT]

My freshly bought Phenom II X2 550 does not seem to work : black screen, no BIOS text. Any ideas?
BTW, I have tried to set PMU on, but it didn't help WRT fan speed.

[EDIT2]

Please TheWiz, help me!
sergio i think this is the cpu list. no phenom
and the fan, i think is in pc health. smart fan function or something.

AMD Engineering Sample
AMD Processor model unknownDual-Core
AMD Opteron™ Processor 12Dual-Core
AMD Opteron™ Processor 22Dual-Core
AMD Opteron™ Processor 82
AMD Opteron™ Processor 22
AMD Sempron™ Processor Mobile
AMD Sempron™ Processor
AMD Sempron™ Processor 1
AMD Sempron™ Dual Core Processor
AMD Sempron™ Processor LE-1
AMD Turion™ 64 Mobile Technology
MK-AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology
TL-AMD Sempron™ Dual Core Processor
TJ-AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor
AMD Athlon™ 64
FX-AMD Athlon™ Processor 1
AMD Athlon™ Dual Core Processor
AMD Athlon™ Processor LE-1
AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor
AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Processor
AMD Athlon™ X2 Dual Core Processor BE-2
AMD Athlon™ Processor 00
(04-10-2012, 04:32 PM)omnomsis Wrote: [ -> ]sergio i think this is the cpu list. no phenom
and the fan, i think is in pc health. smart fan function or something.

Here’s a post from TheWiz that I think implies some phenoms might work:
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-HP...9#pid21449

As for the fan option it is supposedly the "Q-Fan" option I should tinker with. I’ll try that tonight.

[EDIT]

I couldn’t find the Q-Fan option. Does anyone know wehre it is supposed to be?
did anyone ever actually get some phenom II to work yet?
The link Sergio just posted may answer the Phenom II question. I can safely say the 965 (obviously cause of 125 tdp) didn't work in my case Big Grin but I aim to try a 910e this weekend if I can get my hands on it for a couple days.

(I was hoping I'd get lucky with the 965 and underclock and undervolt it a bit but oh well)

If I'm not mistaken, the Q-Fan option you are looking for is actually "Smart Fan" under PC Health Status. Enabling that and setting to auto should quickly quiet your fan?
some additional cooling info.
Quote:URGENT: To keep your PC running cooly and the fans happy, please enable PMU under the advanced chipset menu. This helps the fans regulate correctly.

TheWiz
Quote:More news: These drivers are for windows 7 64bit and resolve any coproccessor issues being reported.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Programs..._z1557.zip

TheWiz