Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I still cant find an option where i can unlock cpu voltage so that i can go high. I tried looking back but i cant find Wiz's post where he mentions about unlocking cpu voltage.
I seem to be having the same/similar problem, I can see the voltages in power options but cannot change them.
The Wiz - I've been looking at this PC Chips A15G BIOS a bit more and I find it more and more interesting. There's a few different revisions of the board and and versions of the BIOS including an AMI version. Physically, the board looks VERY similar to the ECS MCP61SM-AM that I pulled out of my Acer T180, but is clearly marked AM2+. In fact, when you click on the link for the mobo manual, it pulls it from an ECS server. Some of the onboard hardware like audio and LAN may be different so don't know what problems that may pose. The CPU support list with the 10/2009 BIOS includes PhenomII and AthlonII. I know just enough about this stuff to be dangerous so I was hoping you could cast an experienced eye on it to quickly determine whether it's worth pursuing or not.

http://www.pcchips.com.tw/

Thanks! And I sure hope it's worth bothering with!
i just flashed my board from stock hp bios i got a 6130n.
everything works i overclocked 5000+ from 2.6 to 2.9g. you can only change the base clock there is no voltage tweak. using a corsair A70 with one fan only. have to leave case open now.... lol. temperature is good. idle at 25/16 for the cores and goes up to 50. not really running crazy heat generating software i only use this computer to browse internet.

what is the most powerful processor you can put in here? i read pretty much every single page and most stuff are no longer valid now.

back to the first page there is a list of processor by type but in detail. so I can assume whatever falls in those category can work?

he said "support for all phenom II processor of 65-95w"

so the most powerful one i can find is x6 1065T it's 95w. that would be nice to run a 6 core in this old junky computer. i use a 3930k at home now i am just playing with this because i found it very interesting to make the most out of an old computer. i have been oc for friends for free and they are all happy.

oh to everyone contributed to making this crappy mb powerful and unlocked. thanks a million. you guys have extremely high IQ.

other spec:

oem 200w power supply
radeon x1050 with burnt fan runs hot but whatever works
2x4gb corsair xms2 ddr2 - 800mhz
adata s510 120gb ssd ( i have 3 computer and 4 ssd)
Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (89W version) seems to be the fastest CPU you can get now.
In the future, you might be able to swap that for a Phenom or Phenom II, but that would require physical modifications to the board (swapping capacitors).
Better get a cheap Nettle3 IMO - if you want more than a 6000+, that is.
hi Sergio
you are talking the unmodded bios can take that 6000+, which is a dinasaur.
on page 40 or something the guy tested a bunch of cpu including phenom ii 945, phenom 1 9500.
which some are am3.
so you mean those guys swapped the capacitors to get those to work? i didn't see that. if that's true i am good enough with this computer. not gonna bother modding it. just get another hsf so i can close the case side panel. THIS PAGE:

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-HP...?pid=21449

are they talking about nettle3 or nettle2? or nettle2 with modded capacitors?
I'm using that dinosaur amd 64x2 6000 cpu. Gone through all flashing bios to abit and unlocking some bios features. I cant for the life of me unlock cpu multiplier. So my 3gb processor only shows as 1060 most the time on CPUZ and stays mostly on x5 multiplier. But the 6000 cpu has x15. I've oc'd it on last comp dropping multiplier from max and increasing Mhz but the multiplier was unlocked. I've just tried Foxconn 612w1p19 and 662w1p45 but wont work on my system. IT : Just remembered /f and all is well. Except theres still no multiplier! Theres something called NPT Fid control thats got multipliers and MHZ on it but not game to try. Any ideas? I really want FSB and CPU multiplier overclock options. This is my mobo on the thread and I've got 6 gb ram running win 7 ultimate. Comp is Compaq 5430an.
No voltage control for CPU at ALL? is this a joke or what? i really appreciate that i'm able to inscrease FSB but with no voltage control it is limiting my OCing....and these old cpu are not making much of a difference.....can someone direct me into the correct direction as to which option actually lets me control the voltage of CPU....i was told that ctrl + F1 unlocks hidden menus but that didn't work for me...
Hi. The BIOS work fine for me but if I press "Ctrl + f1" anywhere, no new options appear. The screen will just flash but nothing comes up. I think I need to set the RAM timings because if add more than 1gb of ram to the system, it freezes after 2 or 3 minutes.
(06-28-2012, 09:09 PM)MaDPoWer Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. The BIOS work fine for me but if I press "Ctrl + f1" anywhere, no new options appear. The screen will just flash but nothing comes up. I think I need to set the RAM timings because if add more than 1gb of ram to the system, it freezes after 2 or 3 minutes.

Then i think no new menus popped up for me as well. The screen flashed so i thought that it did unlock few menus but i guess it didn't...probably there's another combination we should consider?