Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
I asked myself : is the picture on the first page the good one ?
I explicit myself, if you go Nettle3 you ll see that they use the same picture but for the nettle3...
So i checked and it seem that the nettle2 and 3 have the same Manufacturer's motherboard name: ECS MCP61PM-HM....Maybe they use the same Bios and my asking then is useless....

So if anyone can ensure me that I have a nettle 2 instead of a nettle3 ( aida64 and speccy says I have a nettle3 and my MB is exactly the same as the pic ) it'd be very appreciated...
thanks by advance, and scuse me if it has been already pointed before but I read some of the previous pages ( on both topic nettleƩ-nettle3) and didnt find out... and wich doesn't help I'm french so...

And to finish I'd like to congrats you all for the work being done, really impressive !
(01-11-2013, 12:39 PM)Platonfire Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,
I asked myself : is the picture on the first page the good one ?
I explicit myself, if you go Nettle3 you ll see that they use the same picture but for the nettle3...
So i checked and it seem that the nettle2 and 3 have the same Manufacturer's motherboard name: ECS MCP61PM-HM....Maybe they use the same Bios and my asking then is useless....

So if anyone can ensure me that I have a nettle 2 instead of a nettle3 ( aida64 and speccy says I have a nettle3 and my MB is exactly the same as the pic ) it'd be very appreciated...
thanks by advance, and scuse me if it has been already pointed before but I read some of the previous pages ( on both topic nettleƩ-nettle3) and didnt find out... and wich doesn't help I'm french so...

And to finish I'd like to congrats you all for the work being done, really impressive !

Hello Platonfire.
I have two Nettle2 boards and they both are REV: 1 . 0A.
A quick Google search for Nettle3 board images revealed a REV: number of 2 . xx
This revision number may hold the answer to your boards identity however please do your own sudy to confirm my findings. Somewhere in these many pages a member flashed the Nettle2 bios on a Nettle3 board with bad results.
Good luck in your endeavors as this is a great bios and you will enjoy.
Oblivious Maximus :
Quote:I have two Nettle2 boards and they both are REV: 1 . 0A.

So first of all , thank you for replying and making me find out the thing : I have a rev 2.xx...that and the following will confirm that I do have a nettle3 :
* the pic of the nettle card looks like the one I have but they aren't the same ( pci port count...)... I've been confused by the color of the MB..
* I didn't even notice that the pic on the nettle3 topic was the "Abit" version of the Mb and has a different color...

To conclude I'd like to apologize for talking before thinking.
Thanks again for your support and not letting me know I'm a dumbass Angel ( we all know that "the ignorant have been blessed..." )
I'll for now post on the other topic if I have any kind of issue...
(01-12-2013, 08:57 AM)Platonfire Wrote: [ -> ]Oblivious Maximus :
Quote:I have two Nettle2 boards and they both are REV: 1 . 0A.

So first of all , thank you for replying and making me find out the thing : I have a rev 2.xx...that and the following will confirm that I do have a nettle3 :
* the pic of the nettle card looks like the one I have but they aren't the same ( pci port count...)... I've been confused by the color of the MB..
* I didn't even notice that the pic on the nettle3 topic was the "Abit" version of the Mb and has a different color...

To conclude I'd like to apologize for talking before thinking.
Thanks again for your support and not letting me know I'm a dumbass Angel ( we all know that "the ignorant have been blessed..." )
I'll for now post on the other topic if I have any kind of issue...

You are welcome. This can be very confusing at times and it's always wise to ask questions if you have doubt. Best Wishes.
I haven't been here for quite awhile : / ...Every now and then I poke around to see if there has been any progress on this forum, and there has, but I still haven't found what I was looking for. I bought an AMD BE 5000+ to use w/ my nettle board (hp a6130n) so I can run it at the supposed 3.2 ghz. I have tried 3 different bios's with no luck. I've been looking for a bios that has the multiplier setting in one of the sub menus, but like I said, no luck. I've tried the 5.27 mod, m613z_19, and the abit extreme bios, which was the same as the m613...I've tried using a windows program, crystalcppuid, but I can only get it up to 2.8ghz w/o it being unstable. I have tried bumping the voltage to 1.4v, x16 multi--it worked for about 30 seconds before it BSoD'd. The only thing I can change in bios is the timing of the chip (200mhz), but I'm not going to risk changing that. Have I gone as far as I can go with my mobo? Or is there something else I can try to get the multiplier option in the bios?
@Sir Foxx
Try the abit_unlocked.bin: http://bios-mods.com/dropbox/TheWiz/abit_unlocked.bin
I'm using this with my BE-2350 and it let you select core voltage and multiplier.
@hxlbrxl,
Could you send me a picture of the screen that has it? How did you get to it? I reflashed my bios, and I still did not find it...All i found was DIMM voltage and clock speed, which both are not what I'm looking for.
(02-04-2013, 08:07 AM)Sir Foxx Wrote: [ -> ]@hxlbrxl,
Could you send me a picture of the screen that has it? How did you get to it? I reflashed my bios, and I still did not find it...All i found was DIMM voltage and clock speed, which both are not what I'm looking for.
The first sub menu of the 'advanced bios features' is 'cpu features', which has fid and vid control.
Have you tried to press Ctrl-F1 and/or disconnected the bios-battery for several minutes?
(02-04-2013, 09:40 AM)hxlbrxl Wrote: [ -> ]The first sub menu of the 'advanced bios features' is 'cpu features', which has fid and vid control.
Have you tried to press Ctrl-F1 and/or disconnected the bios-battery for several minutes?
I feel quite stupid now xD....Thank you hxlbrxl for telling me that...I would have never looked not knowing what fid and vid stood for.
(12-25-2009, 10:09 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]OK folks, I have succesfully cracked the AMD microcode and will now make a TEST BUILD. Please only test if you have the resources to do so.

Here's the breakdown: This first should have all the microcode for the AM3 CPU's to date. because this bios is only 512K though, I wasn't able to update MEMinit.bin. so, while you can still try this one: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/527MODcpu.bin , I have a better solution below.

This version has all the microcode and agesa patches from the next version of this board, which is the Nettle3. this means that support for all the dual cores and first gen Phenoms should be in here. Please note that the nettle2 is ONLY CAPABLE OF A MAX CPU TDP OF 89W, so you should have a CPU under 89W (which the phenoms do come in 65W., but lets test this stuff first, shall we?)

So Here's the one that adds the support from Nettle3 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/527MOD%28N%29.bin

After looking things over, either one looks really good, so if you have the means to test, there you are. Be sure to rename to bios.bin on flash.

TheWiz

Hi TheWiz and all you guys!,
It would be great if someone can reuploaded the second file in this Post (So Here's the one that adds the support from Nettle3 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/527MOD%28N%29.bin), beacuse it is down (404) Thank you VERY much.
Sorry for my bad englisch im german.
Greez xuNNy