Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I don't know if any of you are still subscribed to this thread, but I'm trying to overclock my Nettle 2 motherboard and am having all sorts of issues. If anyone could help me out it would be great. Thanks.
hey was interested in trying this bios, looking to squeeze some more power out of my cpu for battlefield 3. my question is if this would be compatible with my Emachines MCP61PM-GM board? by the way wicked job on the write up =]
Tried the modded BIOS on a Nettle2 board last week. Working like a charm, even with the CPU overclocked (Sempron 3200+ OC@2.0Ghz). Now, I assume there's no way to put a Sempron 140 on that board, right? I've seen a few posts about the Sempron 140 but there's no success confirmation from anyone.
Hi ethaniel,

Glad to hear it is working well. The Sempron 140 is an AM3 chip so it will not work correctly with this chipset architecture.

Regards,
TheWiz
(04-20-2013, 10:56 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi ethaniel,

Glad to hear it is working well. The Sempron 140 is an AM3 chip so it will not work correctly with this chipset architecture.

Regards,
TheWiz

Roger that! Guess I'll have to find a "true" AM2 chip, maybe an Athlon 64 X2 or something like that. Thanks!
Been a while. I think I've exhausted what I can do, but I can't make this thing support AM3 chips. There's a couple Asus boards called the M2NPV-MX or the M2NPV-VM that were AM2 boards only with a 512k chip and Asus made a completely different beta bios that added AM3 to those old boards. They're old MCP61 variants, but I be darned if I can make headway with it. These may be the only motherboards that I've seen with a 512k bios that has added AM3 support.

If somebody wants to give it a shot, the beta bios is the 5005 version. It's a complete rewrite of the bios. I think it could be figured out, but it's beyond my capability. Such is life.
Hello I am new to this forum.

I would like to request copy of this modded BIOS if that would be at all possible.
A friend gave me his old PC when he upgraded and it has this motherboard.
I know this motherboard is outdated, but I would like to try and get the most I can out of this PC, as I am planing ongiving it to a disabled friend who can not afford a computer.
He won't use it for anything really fancy, but I would like to get it running the best I can.

Thanks in advance for any help or replies. Smile
Ucidalin - Go to the first page and follow the steps shown. I've been using the modded Abit bios for years on my old Acer T180. Step 3 has the link to the bios.
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I just flashed the bios in the OP onto a board to upgrade a friend. The old CPU was the single core LE-1640, and I upgraded it to the Athlon 64 X2 3800+. With the original HP bios, it said the CPU was unsupported, and there werent any bios updates on HP's website. HP's specs on the board state that it would work as its an 89TDP and under the 5000+.

After flashing the modded bios, the new CPU was detected and I'm trying to install windows. The issue is that the CD drive and USB drives seem soooooooo slow trying to reinstall windows.

Since the Nettle and Nettle2 have the same part numbers from HP, does that mean this bios works on Nettle AND Nettle2 boards? How do I even determine which of the two I have? His board only has 2 Dimm slots though ( even though there are 4 in both photos ). The system is a Compaq SR5608F. If the bios is correct for both, is there a bios setting or something thats limiting the I/O speeds or something? Im at a loss here Undecided

Heres HP's specs on both boards :

Nettle - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c00906137
Nettle2 - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c01077676
This BIOS supports the Phenom II X4 95 watt, Phenom II X6 95 watt and Phenom II X4 910e 65 watt?
They could put a list of Supported Cpu.
Greetings.