Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i've successfully flashed this bios onto a Compaq desktop running this motherboard which has an Athlon x2 3600+. But ive been thinking about upgrading the processor to a Phenom x4 9750, does this bios support it? I read that it supports Phenom ii so im assuming that a regular Phenom would run. Any help would be great thanks. Also what was the fix for the back fan running at full speed even with auto set in the bios? Im the one in a million chance of getting it -_-
This is probably a really retarded question, but I have this X2 5000+ Black Edition, and I want to overclock it.
So I flashed the Bios to the one provided in the OP. Everything working fine. I searched for Multiplier Options but I couldn't find them. I made the flash around August 2013. So I recently remember that I wanted to overclock the X2, so I kept reading through the thread if there was a certain key combination for it. I found CTRL+F1 but that doesn't show new options. I also found an Abit_unlocked.bin, do I have to reflash my bios with this bin file? I hope someone reads this post. So yeah, that's pretty much it.
OK, I followed the instructions step by step. I even tried the bios update 2 times with no success. Are there any tricks that I need to be doing. I have updated the bios in many other computers. I'm not sure what else I can do. Can you give me any suggestions? I would love to sqeeze some more life out of my aging nettle 2. Thank you
Hi Patrick,

Can you clarify what isn't working? Is it not flashing or something else?

TheWiz
OK, so here's the situation: After installing the new bios, the computer would not post. I started pulling memory out to begin the process of troubleshooting. I found out that I now only have 2 memory slots that function. Everything seems to be working otherwise. So here's the million dollar question: Why did this bios upgrade result in the loss of 2 memory slots? All 4 memory slots were fully functional immediately before the bios upgrade. Is there some kind of setting in the bios? The first 2 slots still function correctly, the 2nd 2 do not work anymore. If I lose those 2 slots, can I just increase the ram in each of the working slots to still acheive 8gb of ram?
Have to admit that's a first for this board. Can you take a picture of your motherboard so we can verify the revision number?

I'm guessing there is probably a memory timing issue with your RAM chips. What type of RAM are you using and what clock speeds and timings are being reported in your BIOS?

TheWiz
Ok I've tried to get search working on this thread but it keeps taking me to a comments page. My apologies if this has been rehashed to death but I've flashed the bios by following your instructions and I can't seem to find how to enable AHCI for my ssd. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Todd
I will do that. Any chance that the two memory slots that still function can now take 4gb sticks? I really don't like going from 6gb of ram down to 4gb of ram. But it might take a day or 2. I just had the whole damned thing apart down to the motherboard and I've finally got a decent running setup. It may be important to note that even with 2gb less ram, the old girl seems to be running great. Better than it used to for sure. And regardless of the loss of ram, the benefit of being able to chuck a 95watt quad into her means that I will have enough media HD computer for a good long while. I will get those pics soon. This FREE upgrade will mean many more years of enjoyment for good,old "Nettie". It's the least I could do. And a reply to as whether or not you think I can now use two 4gb sticks of ram to get the same 8gb capability that I had before. Thanks
(08-19-2014, 07:23 PM)jtm20xx Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I've tried to get search working on this thread but it keeps taking me to a comments page. My apologies if this has been rehashed to death but I've flashed the bios by following your instructions and I can't seem to find how to enable AHCI for my ssd. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Todd

Ok just to be clear the nettle2 board will not work AHCI due to nvidia controller. With the flash though I've encountered the issue that my samsung ssd software doesn't like the flash. I'm keen to get firmware updates etc...

Wiz, I know you mentioned how to recover at the beginning of your original post but could we get some detailed step by steps on how to get back to the original hp flash?

Thanks for your time,
Todd
My MB is a MCP61PM-HM REV:1.OB My processor is an Athlon 64 X2 5000+ running at 2.6ghz My ram is 2-2gb sticks of Corsair XMS2 800mhz. The ram is running at 533mhz due to board limitations I'm assuming. Also note that no matter what ram I use in ANY configuration, the last 2 ram slots are now nonfunctional.