Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok well the menu stability in the bios is fixed and all appears well with that. Upon booting windows ran into bsod right before desktop appeared. Getting closer
I was unable to test the last release. I couldn't flash from the chip that i flashed the last one on, so I put back in my original chip and attempted to hotflash the other one to no avail. tried hotflashing original bios still no dice. though I don't think this is because of the mod just the fact that the chip i used was an old used one and I lost it temporarily on the carpet and it may have been stepped on ? not sure but looks like im down to one chip again for the moment. Will have to look through my parts shed again to try and find another. As a quick note the chip i used as an extra was out of an older socket754 board and after removing both stickers revealed that they are both part number "PM49FL004T-33JC" so if you are rummaging looking for one, thats the number to look for.
Do you think that the BSOD was not caused by the mod but by the bios chip?

TheWiz
I don't think so because like i said i booted and ran fine on both chips that were flashed to the v.1 unlocked bios. But good news i found another chip "PM49FL004T-33JC" so i will hotflash the original bios to it and see if it boots and if it is ok then I will be ready to try again.
Good news everybody, version 4 of the unlocked bios has done it. A few more options in bios menu, total stability in oc menu. I will post screenshots of the setup screens shortly. oh and wait for the wiz to post links for the final version.
The final version link has now been replaced with that of the original, and while the internal version is version 4, to the public we will call this version 2, and make the internal 3 and 4 "Release candidates"

Thanks for the help Gabe, can't wait for screenshots!
TheWiz

Note: This correction will also apply for the Nettle3 BIOS.
(12-30-2009, 02:06 AM)gabefauver@yahoo.com Wrote: [ -> ]here is the backup of my bios i put it in zip

so is this the working version that you tested?
Please note DONT Flash the backup bios , the backup tool cannot handle phoenix bioses properly and this backup will most probably brick the pc!

Sorry
Admin
The Wiz had me upload the backup just so he could have it and was supposed to delete the post afterwards
Sorry, completly forgot about the delete part Big Grin Done.