Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just to update you all, I have sent version 2RC1 to our support member gabe, and thanks to his insight we believe we have determined the cause of the menu instability. Also please note that when this bios goes live, the new menu will be named Overclocking Options instead of Power Management Setup; and depending on your configuration your key to enter the bios may or may not change from F10 to F1.

Thanks,
TheWiz
Great! Looking forward to it =).
Version 2 out, please read top of thread for details.
Confirmed, the version 2 on the first page of this thread is 100% working the flickering for now couldn't be fixed but added newer cpu support and a cool looking splash screen.
Went from 2.6 to 2.9 ghz of the old version still didnt flash with new version 2. One prob, my mulitplier seems to be going down from 13x to 5x at random times .... is this normal ? if not ... help ..
(01-05-2010, 06:17 PM)lolman21 Wrote: [ -> ]Went from 2.6 to 2.9 ghz of the old version still didnt flash with new version 2. One prob, my mulitplier seems to be going down from 13x to 5x at random times .... is this normal ? if not ... help ..

Windows has power plans, which you will find under the power options on your screen saver settings page. In the advanced options of your power plan you can choose what the minimum and maximum processor states are. I left my minimum at 5% and my max is set to 100%. This feature is designed to save you on your energy bill by not running the processor at 100% when it isn't needed. It also keeps your temps lower at idle as wellSmile
I dont know if it plays with voltages or not, but I have noticed that it drops the multiplier to achieve these lower power levels. So that is why your multiplier will bounce around. You should notice that if you run something that is CPU intensive, such as prime95, your multiplier should sit at its max.
Ive really been wanting to flash my board since i got it 2 weeks ago, ive read over this thread at least once, more so the top and bottom than the middle and I have a few questions if anyone could help answer:

I do not see a link for the v5.16 (stable with OC if i read right) and is v5.16 whats being referred to as version 1 or was there 2 unlocked v5.27s?

With nettle3 cpu support, does it allow 95w on AM2+ cpus and AM2 standard, or just the original 89w, or any variation of that?

Is the bios at the top of the post (V2MOD) field tested enough to be a good bet , and is it fully usable despite the dancing menus?

And lastly, has anyone Flashed via windows either with awardflash or by inserting the bin into HP's SP37530.exe installer? If so what O/S and x86 or x64 bit?

Sorry for so many questions, I could definitely see some potential in this board if you could throw one of the 95w or (higher) cpus in, Im running Win7 Ultimate x64 with a 2.6 dual core and its pretty nice as-is just for the normal stuff (i dont game at all) Ive used the NVIDIA Proformance tools to OC the 2.6=3.055ghz/ 14xx. FSB all via the software with a couple extra fans and thats it. Any higher and it gets unstable. Hopefully this bios is the ticket.

Thanks to TheWiz for modding it.
Yes the bios is completely safe, I'm running it now. As for your overclock I doubt you will get much higher than ~3.06ghz but it is possible, and 89 watts is the limit on this board. Haven't done the winflash but a bootable usb flash drive is much safer and is the preferred method. Good luck

Oh, and uninstall "Ntune" before you flash and start oc'ing. Just to avoid confusion
(01-21-2010, 01:57 PM)gabefauver@yahoo.com Wrote: [ -> ]Yes the bios is completely safe, I'm running it now. As for your overclock I doubt you will get much higher than ~3.06ghz but it is possible, and 89 watts is the limit on this board. Haven't done the winflash but a bootable usb flash drive is much safer and is the preferred method. Good luck

Oh, and uninstall "Ntune" before you flash and start oc'ing. Just to avoid confusion

Great, thanks for the info. I would have never though to unistall the nvidia stuff first, so thanks for that aswell.

Ill Post back on how it goes once i get it flashed.
Also, hold off on the AM3 proccesor, more testing to do on that still, but I can confirm the bios flashes OK.