Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] X5650 voltage mod AMI Bios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a X58 Sabertooth motherboard with an AMI bios.

I try changing the voltage on the Vcore and the setting is applied but the voltage stays the same, the Asus P6T has the same style bios and people can change the voltage and it works on that motherboard, with mine, it says it changed it but when I access CPU-Z or even the hardware monitor it always says 1,09V no matter what setting I put it, and no, it's not just a glitch as no matter what voltage I put it, I can't boot my cpu with a clockspeed above 3.5Ghz, and this is voltage issue because if I disable some cores on the processor it boots fine up to 3.8Ghz, I just can't do it with 6 cores no matter how much voltage I put in the Vcore, it always displays the default value of 1,10V to 1,20V even if I set 1,50V in the bios.

I have the latest Bios installed for my motherboard, 1402, and apparently there's 1408 for the P6T, is there a difference in those regarding this CPU? Because it's not originally supported on both motherboards.

But other than the voltage issue, the CPU works fine with this processor even running a triple channel memory kit overclocked to 1600Mhz (from the max default 1333Mhz this processor is able to do).

I'll leave a rar file with both bioses, properly labeled, both are AMI bioses (I don't know why attatchments aren't working but here's a link: Google drive download link for Bioses.rar ), I really needed this because I just spent 400$ on hardware and was thinking of getting at least 4Ghz on the thing and am barely capable of 3.4Ghz and that's the bare limit, sometimes it freezes and this is because of said voltage issue, other processors like the i7 990X are able to hit 4.5Ghz and beyond, so this is no motherboard limit.

Please, please help me...

Also, here you can see the P6T overclocking this processor just fine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZadS1WdsMYE