Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Trying to flash HDR files into newer Dell's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bios update failed. It went 100% and at the bottom said ME FW Update Failed: Internal error: FWU_Buffer. Someone else had posted this image on Dells support forum. But there system still worked after. Where mine just the fans spin black screen and the power button blinks orange with 3 long blinks and a pause. I took a pic of the spi header and there is two spi flash eeproms one is 8mb and the other is 4mb and the extracted .hdr (from update exe) is 13mb. The bios version was A11 and i was trying to update to A18 (latest) What i want to figure out is if i can somehow flash the hdr to one ot both of these flash chips or would i need to find a donor motherboard to dump the chips and clone it? Any help would be very appreciated. I have also tried numerous recovery steps like holding END key while booting up with usb stick formatted to fat32 and some other recovery tricks that dont seem to work with this model Optiplex.
[Image: IMG_0530.jpg]

[Image: ipimb_lk_flashroms.jpg]
Unfortunately no one has come up with a way to flash HDR's in the newer Dell computers. In your case, you can get another mobo and use an eeprom burner to flash new eeproms for your bricked mobo.
Is there a way to flash HDR files into newer Dell's like the Optiplex 7010/7020.
All the tools that were provided by Dell and others no longer work in the newer Dell's. I can extract an HDR with available tools from the EXE, but have no way to flash it back to the computer. Even the old Dell BIOS updater for linux OS no longer works. Dell also removed the switches from the EXE BIOS file.

Anyone?
I have my answer. Any Dell system that has enabled the Signed Firmware Update cannot be modified with any of the BIOS tools available. Only Dell has the tool to create a BIOS EXE with the proper keys. Would be great if someone cracked that.
Use this tool run It as Admin and upload here the result file :

https://www.sendspace.com/file/64otcs or http://rghost.net/65CWxR87y

http://rghost.net/53128665

Use AIDA64 tool too (cracked version to get FULL REPORT) and upload a Report too

let me know
Regards
There are many ways to get a goal !

1. Use Intel FPT Tool
I asked to make a result file to check It

2. Use the Bios Original .exe file like Tool
e.g. O7020A02.exe /readgzfile
(where /readgzfile = option and bios.gz and A02_SLIC.HDR are generated by PMT 265)

3. Use a DOS Dell Tool (but not support all Models)
boot to DOS and run
BIOSFLSH.EXE -f A02_SLIC.HDR

Regards
(10-20-2015, 08:14 AM)BDMaster Wrote: [ -> ]There are many ways to get a goal !

1. Use Intel FPT Tool
   I asked to make a result file to check It

2. Use the Bios Original .exe  file like Tool
   e.g. O7020A02.exe /readgzfile
   (where /readgzfile = option and bios.gz and A02_SLIC.HDR are generated by PMT 265)

3. Use a DOS Dell Tool (but not support all Models)
   boot to DOS and run
   BIOSFLSH.EXE -f A02_SLIC.HDR

Regards

BDMaster, I have an Optiplex 9010 that has a dual BIOS-chip on the Motherboard.

I need to make some modifications to the BIOS, I have been able to make a backup of the BIOS which produced a .bin file. Am I correct in that a .bin file can be renamed to .rom?
Now that I have successfully made the required modifications how do I get this .rom/.bin file back to the BIOS?
Hi, sorry for my bad english. I have a problem, I can not extract the file provided by Dell. (Http://www.dell.com/support/home/fr/fr/f...10/drivers) That's why I need help, if anyone has bios for optiplex 9010, can you share for me and others?

PS: My problem is my computer can't boot , not after flash, i had found this pc in the street. And he have amber light with flashed.
Ok, thank you !
Doesn't work, i want extract the bios file in the setup. The motherboard have 2 bios chips and i need these file. I need help !
Pages: 1 2