Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP ML330 g6 server (rompaq)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a HP ML330 g6 server spare and I'm wondering would it be possible to preform an SLIC mod.

The server is spare form a work upgrade to a new ml110 so I'm not worried if it ends up dead non recoverable as I was given it to play with as it is just sitting there doing nothing.

I have preformed a RW report and dumped the bios out of the Rompaq container in to a bios.rom image provided from a download at HP.
I have then dumped the bios using the universal bios backup tool kit and verified the two match after stripping off the upper 4mb backup image.

The bios is structured in a 8mb and the first half is the normal bios and the second half is backup bios image that ilo flashes back automatically if the bios becomes corrupt I believe.

I have attempted to open it with the tools available from Andy but as you would expect it wont open the custom HP bios image.

I have opened the bios in a hex editor and there is plain human readable text in there so I don't think it is encrypted in any way.

Where to go to from here as I have no idea where to start but I'm keen to have a play and get dirty as you would say?

Below is the verified bios dump and RW report if any one is interested.

[attachment=9568]
[attachment=9569]