Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MS-7093/MS-7184 With Overclocking and Extras
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
btw...
when i turn my PC on, i see the 3 LEDs on my keyboard flashing green for 1 sec, and then nothing.
when my CD-rom drive is connected, the cd runs, and it seems to look for sth (LED flashes) but then nothing
floppy disk drive does not respond - even with 2 cables I tested

do I need a USB floppy drive?

EDIT: I see no error message because my screen is absolutely black.
Hi i have just one quistion does this work with the hp pavilion a1218.dk i know its a MS-7184 (AMETHYST-M) motherboard but will it work ?
when the USB stick method doesn't work,
could the USB floppy disk drive work?
Yes the USB floppy method could work. I have a.) Removed the mod, and b.) suggest that if you can remove the chip (it's soldered but doable, and ship it to us, I can reprogram it and then you would have to re-solder it on.

TheWiz
(03-06-2011, 03:54 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes the USB floppy method could work. I have a.) Removed the mod, and b.) suggest that if you can remove the chip (it's soldered but doable, and ship it to us, I can reprogram it and then you would have to re-solder it on.

TheWiz

Has anyone found a method to recover the BIOS on this board?
(03-06-2011, 03:54 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes the USB floppy method could work. I have a.) Removed the mod, and b.) suggest that if you can remove the chip (it's soldered but doable, and ship it to us, I can reprogram it and then you would have to re-solder it on.

TheWiz
Yes the bios chip can be removed but it requires the use of an IRDA rework station or it can be done with a hot air rework station with appropriate heat shielding.

Pages: 1 2