Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: T180 R01-B1 Pheonix flashing trouble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I decided while I collect parts for my new computer to go ahead and flash my current T180...... but that didnt go without a fight

Its the typical em61sm/em61pm
Athlon x2 5200 cpu
4 gigs of 800 ram
hd6700 video card
600w bronze power supply
Phoenix bios
Raid controller
Windows 10 64bit

Now Ive tried flashing it with phlash and it came up saying it couldnt due to emm386.   Also had issues with it just even accepting any of the different boot usb's (used rufus hp wintoflash etc)
I tried it with just the base files and the full 98 startup disk. The only way I ever got all the way to the phlash program was to leave the startup disk completely intact with all of the files. If I trimmed it down to just the 3 files or even all of the dos programs it wouldnt boot. Would just go straight to windows.
any advice or idea what im doing?  Im trying to flash the abit bios into it.
Update: switching to awdflash instead of phlash seems to have somewhat helped as has oddly enough swapping the usb drive to the back usb ports....
Still getting it saying it doesnt match the string though.
Well Bios now says RO1-CO but CPUIZ says RO1-B1 It wont take the abit one as its still saying the strings dont match up...