Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [SOLVED] Toshiba Satellite C660 and T7x00
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(11-20-2015, 01:41 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]I've made mod for you.
You can try to flash it. Just unzip it and run go.bat

Really? I am so grateful! Thank you. I will try to install it now and post back the results.
Thank you very much for your help!
Best choice to bought - Core 2 Duo T9500 or Core 2 Duo T9300 with CPUID=010676. They have 6 MB of L2 cache.
Unfortunately it didn't work. I am attaching a screenshot of the error.

[Image: bios_flash_error.png]
(11-20-2015, 01:49 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Best choice to bought - Core 2 Duo T9500 or Core 2 Duo T9300 with CPUID=010676. They have 6 MB of L2 cache.

You are dead right, these ones are far better than the T7 series.
I've made new version of mod. Please try again.
Thank you very much for everything. I will try it tomorrow and post back the results.
I have 2 questions though. Is there any chance of bricking the laptop by flashing this BIOS? And will I be able to use the other processors if I buy them in the future (T9300 or T9500) using this BIOS or you changed the microcodes to match only the one I have now?
Once again, you rock! Your help and contribution is really appreciated.
There is always a small chance of bricking the laptop. T9300 and T9500 will run with native and modded BIOS'es. I've just overwritten useless microcode for engineering simples.
Update: Please download newer version of mod. It's almost native, except new microcode and checksum for it only. So you can safety flash it.
(11-21-2015, 01:57 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]There is always a small chance of bricking the laptop. T9300 and T9500 will run with native and modded BIOS'es. I've just overwritten useless microcode for engineering simples.
Update: Please download newer version of mod. It's almost native, except new microcode and checksum for it only. So you can safety flash it.

That's it! Flashed it and worked great! Smile
A big, great THANK YOU to DeathBringer for his support and concern. Should we move this to the working mods section?
Attach modded BIOS to this topic. And add [Solved] to begin of title of this topic by editing first post.
Your notebook has GL40 chipset without 1066 Mhz support. For upgrading CPU you can use my result in topic:
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-S...ntel-t7500
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5