Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: bios dump without windows?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off, hello everybody. Glad to have found you. 

I need to change DVMT setting in my locked bios and want to this via EFI shell. I do not want to flash or touch my bios. Too scared.

So I need a simple way, to get a copy of my bios.rom file. Without having Windows installed. Unix or Dos I could run via usb.
Flashrom does not work because of laptop. Can anyone help? Ah, well, I am very new to this, so please have patience with me.

Bios Info according to aptio setup utility:AMI, Project Version 7.02 x64, VBios Version 1032, EC Version 230000F08, ME FW Version 10.0.45.1022
Vendor is Medion. Does not provide a Bios for download.

////// Edit

I just found the following command for afudos.(afudos mybios.rom /O). I guess, that could to exactly what I need?

My Question : How do I find the name of mybios.rom and where does the command save the file to (USB where I have Dos running?)
That's how I've always done it: without operating system. I usually use boot floppies. It's one of those things that industry and technological progress has made obsolete but I find it very useful for these tasks. Well, not really without OS, you still have a small DOS. But you don't need a hard drive or USB.