Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Asus g71g upgrade to qx9300 microcode update?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a asus g71g and would like to upgrade to the Qx9300. But when i install the Qx9300 my computer tries to turn on but nothing will post. I am thinking I have to add a new microcode in the bios for it to run?????

The Qx9300 has the cpuid 1067A

I have microcode 067a in the bios already, but im thinking it needs to be updated/patched.

microcode id    platform        id           date
0A067A07        0A               067A       2008/04/09

Where do i find the microcode for the AMI bios ?
cpuid says chipset is p45/p43/g45/g43

current bios is attached if that helps
Please tell a full name of your laptop.
Tell S-spec of your CPU. And post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z.
A few motherboards with Socket P can boot quad cores CPUs. Problem is a number of voltage regulators. You can't solve this problem by BIOS editing.
(12-22-2015, 12:07 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Please tell a full name of your laptop.
Tell S-spec of your CPU. And post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z.
A few motherboards with Socket P can boot quad cores CPUs. Problem is a number of voltage regulators. You can't solve this problem by BIOS editing.

Asus G71G-X1 originally had the core 2 duo T9400 @ 2.53ghz
Currently has the X9100 ( SLB48 )  OC'd to 3.45ghz 
Wanting to run the Qx9300 ( SLB5J )

[url=http://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/SL/SLB48.html][/url]
Ok. Make a foto of stickers on DIMM slots.
Here the pics
Sorry, but it's useless.
I need a real foto of stickers on SODIMM slots.
They look like this:
[Image: gBcFFDbPbz_LN0sErcG7hKsTiZqJmqjAyfr2rKeF...-h207-p-no]
That is a  as much of it as i can get without taking the whole computer apart.
Where did you download attached BIOS? On official Asus site BIOS is slightly different.
I've done the mod of attached BIOS, so you can try to flash it.
But I think it will not help. G71G-Q1 and G71G-Q2 was shipped with Q9100. These laptops use common BIOS with yours. Q9100 and QX9300 are announced at the same time (Aug 19, 2008). So the version of microcode in your BIOS is enough to boot QX9300.
I don't find proofs yet but I think G71G-X1 and G71G-Q1 use different revisions of one motherboard. Only second has support quad core CPU.
Before flashing BIOS's mod you can try to reset CMOS and to boot QX9300 without laptop's battery.
The bios I attached on my first post is a direct copy off my motherboard. Should be the same version 1102 that is at the asus website.

Thanks for the mod, I'll try it out tomorrow if I don't get off work late.

It it doesn't work, I might just try to track down a motherboard that will support it, I don't think the sound card is going to last much longer on this mobo anyways.
Well, it almost worked. Before the computer would try to boot but turn off 3sec later.

after bios flash, computer would turn on and stay on with fan on full blast, no hard drive spinning and screen still blank.
Pages: 1 2