Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Lenovo Y50-70 soft bricked.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, guys!
I had a whitelisted bios + advanced menu and unlocked vbios for lenovo y50-70 touch. Today I decided to undervolt the cpu in the advanced / overclocking tab in the bios. I tested -90mv stable in windows, but when i applied -70mv in bios and hit F10 and saved, the laptop shut down and never wants to get to the POST screen. I tried disconnecting the bios battery, main battery swapping ram, holding power on when everything above disconnected - still nothing after multiple attempts. (I never tried to disconnect the SSD, but I dont think it would make any difference). After all these attempts, I also tried to start the laptop and leave it for 1 hr - nothing. Looks like my settings have been "programmed" into the chip?!. When I start the computer the keyboard is on (caps lock / num lock dont respond with the little light indicator). Cpu & GPU under the heatpipes are hot after 1 hour of "trying to boot" operation. Any ideas how to fix that problem?
Thank you very much!

1, copy ZIVY2.bin files to the U packing list and ensure no suffix in the directory name to bin the relevant documents (U disk formatted as fat or FAT32, no guide information)
2, shut down and unplug the battery, power adapter
3, insert U disk
4, do not put down the FN+R hotkey
5, insert power adapter
6, starting
7, the release of FN+R hotkey
8, the system automatically, until the end of the sound, the system will automatically restart and normal boot (this process must not be cut off!)

http://rghost.net/6GTp99xS8

Let me know
Regards
(12-29-2015, 07:38 AM)BDMaster Wrote: [ -> ]8821

1, copy ZIVY2.bin files to the U packing list and ensure no suffix in the directory name to bin the relevant documents (U disk formatted as fat or FAT32, no guide information)
2, shut down and unplug the battery, power adapter
3, insert U disk
4, do not put down the FN+R hotkey
5, insert power adapter
6, starting
7, the release of FN+R hotkey
8, the system automatically, until the end of the sound, the system will automatically restart and normal boot (this process must not be cut off!)

http://rghost.net/6GTp99xS8

Let me know
Regards
BDMaster - what version is the bios file that you uploaded (ZIVY2.bin)? Also - what do you mean by U disk? Can I just use a USB Flash disk 64GB formatted in FAT32 in USB2.0/USB3.0 ports?
The version is v.1.30 and U disk is USB Stick then Yes You can do any test !
Regards
(12-30-2015, 03:46 AM)BDMaster Wrote: [ -> ]The version is v.1.30 and U disk is USB Stick then Yes You can do any test !
Regards

didnt work man :Sad think my bios is dead. Even this command didnt work with 1 4GB fat32 disk and the correct name ZIVY2.bin
Try this :

Nathanial292

Posted for all lenovo Recovery Bios Users !

I used andys tool to get my bios version name (ZIVY2.BI)

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...EFI-BIOSes

I know thats for Pheonix Bios'es but it was worth a shot...

Then got the original bios from Lenovos' website and renamed it to ZIVY2.BI.

I then placed that on a FAT formatted usb; keep in mind I also shoved every single possible filename :

ZIVY2.wph
ZIVY2.bin
ZIVY2.ROM
ZIVY2.FD
ZIVY2.BI
WinZIVY2X64.wph
WinZIVY2X64.fd
WinZIVY2X64.rom {These ones are what the bios file from Lenovo was originally called}
WinZIVY2X64.bin
WinZIVY2X64.bi

I ran the crisis mode(BATTERY OUT/AC OFF, hold fn+B OR fn+R then plug in AC then press Power) and the laptop bleeped
ALOT. 2 minutes later It was booting into WINDOWS!!!

I had to look around the internet for days but it was worth it if this was the result!

I hope you can tell all your lenovo users to try out this method.

I have got so far a long list of users with this issues and i cannot find any Lenovo Recovery Bios woking ! Good luck.

Let me know
Regards
(12-31-2015, 07:46 AM)BDMaster Wrote: [ -> ]Try this :

Nathanial292

I then placed that on a FAT formatted usb; keep in mind I also shoved every single possible filename :

ZIVY2.wph
ZIVY2.bin
ZIVY2.ROM
ZIVY2.FD
ZIVY2.BI
WinZIVY2X64.wph
WinZIVY2X64.fd
WinZIVY2X64.rom {These ones are what the bios file from Lenovo was originally called}
WinZIVY2X64.bin
WinZIVY2X64.bi

I ran the crisis mode(BATTERY OUT/AC OFF, hold fn+B OR fn+R then plug in AC then press Power) and the laptop bleeped

I had to look around the internet for days but it was worth it if this was the result!

I have got so far a long list of users with this issues and i cannot find any Lenovo Recovery Bios woking ! Good luck.

Let me know
Regards
Tried with FN+R and file name ZIVY2.BI on all usb ports - no success... ;( Do I need to modify the bios with the phoenixtool? I just think my laptop doesnt go to that emergency mode with FN+R - Fan is at 100%, but the computer has to beep at least 1 time in order to confirm emergency flashing.
(12-31-2015, 12:07 PM)xkwas Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2015, 07:46 AM)BDMaster Wrote: [ -> ]Try this :

Nathanial292

ZIVY2.wph
ZIVY2.bin
ZIVY2.ROM
ZIVY2.FD
ZIVY2.BI
WinZIVY2X64.wph
WinZIVY2X64.fd
WinZIVY2X64.bin
WinZIVY2X64.bi

Let me know
Regards
Tried with FN+R and file name ZIVY2.BI on all usb ports - no success... ;( Do I need to modify the bios with the phoenixtool? I just think my laptop doesnt go to that emergency mode with FN+R - Fan is at 100%, but the computer has to beep at least 1 time in order to confirm emergency flashing.
any other ideas?
No mate,
I haven't and can suggest only the Tools (SPI PGM + Clip) !
They are cheapers and easy to use . . . look here :

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...5#pid74575

We will replace your Bios Backup into the Eeprom Chip Recovering all !
Regards
(01-06-2016, 05:20 AM)BDMaster Wrote: [ -> ]No mate,
I haven't and can suggest only the Tools (SPI PGM + Clip) !
They are cheapers and easy to use . . . look here :

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...5#pid74575

We will replace your Bios Backup into the Eeprom Chip Recovering all !
Regards

I heard the lenovo Y50 has 2 chips or something. I gave up - new motherboard purchased..
Pages: 1 2