Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell Inspiron 560 Microcode update BIOS [Solved]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please make BIOS backup by Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0.
(02-16-2022, 01:16 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Flash this - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5mWzL...W5VMVNSZGc

Can you walk me through how to do this?
I'm not a tutor.
(02-25-2023, 02:32 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not a tutor.

Fair enough! I appreciate you going out of your way to post it and make it available regardless. So thank you! I am a novice when it comes to this kind of thing. Let me rephrase, can you maybe answer a couple questions I have and maybe give me an idea what im looking for in order to find instructions, or a forum that may be helpful? I would usually just wing it and figure it out. With this however im afraid if I don't get it right the first time it may render my device unusable. I already downloaded the bios backup tool you suggested and made a backup. If I were to mess it up and had to use the recovery file do I need to have it on a usb stick? or would I be able to access it from the windows repair tool? Is everything I need to flash included in the link you posted? I saw that there are few applications as well as the bios in the file. If I find some generic "how to flash your bios" video on YouTube is it going to be a pretty streamlined process that will be similar regardless the system? Or is there an app included in the link you posted that simplifies the process and the instructions would be specific to this bios/system? I have a pretty good idea what I've got to do just will be the first time for me. I have an inspiron 560 with the A06 bios and am trying to use it with a Xeon X5450. It will not even post currently. I only tried it with one set of ram so I'm thinking if I tried different ram maybe it will post. Is it uncommon with inspiron 560 motherboard for the x5450 not to post before adding the Xeon microcode to the bios, or should it post without the mod? Seems like I've seen several posts where the system would post but they would get a message saying they needed a bios update, so I guess what I'm asking is if it won't post now am i wasting my time flashing the bios?

DELL 0K83V0
Intel G43 (Eaglelake-G) + ICH10R
A06

Thanks again!

Ben
Read this topic attentively.
Pages: 1 2