Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Toshiba Satellite L300 BIOS Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys anyone know if i can upgrade my

toshiba laptop model l300
it has the GL960 chipset
and currently has a T2370 CPU socket P

i wanna know if i can put a faster cpu in there

and also one more question can i upgrade the ram to 8GB ?

here is the model number of the laptop incase its needed PSLB1E-00U015EN

thanks for any help
(11-12-2012, 09:10 AM)jasonr2000 Wrote: [ -> ]hi guys anyone know if i can upgrade my

toshiba laptop model l300
it has the GL960 chipset
and currently has a T2370 CPU socket P

i wanna know if i can put a faster cpu in there

and also one more question can i upgrade the ram to 8GB ?

here is the model number of the laptop incase its needed PSLB1E-00U015EN

thanks for any help
Yes you can update to a core 2 duo T9500 or less, if it is socket P and don't have FSB higher than 800MHz.
The Ram I don't know.

Regards.
thanks for the reply

and sorry for my late reply it works perfectly with the T9300 in there

Smile
Hi, I need some help guys.
I want to upgrade my laptop with a stronger CPU, but I've been told that my BIOS might not accept more powerful processors with more than 3mb cache, e.g. T7800, T9300. The chipset is compatible with those, but the BIOS compatibility is unclear.
So:
1/ How do I know what processors are compatible with my BIOS? Is there any other way except real life testing? Or if somebody has already tryed a similar model laptop upgrade, please tell me what works and what not?
2/ In case my BIOS happens to be incompatible and doesn't accept more powerful CPUs with 4-6mb cache, what are my options? What modified BIOS can I use with my laptop and where to get it?

Laptop model is Toshiba Satellite L300 11m, PSLB0E 01G019B3, Mobile Intel 965 Chipset, InsydeH20 BIOS v.1.4, max upgrade offered by Toshiba is v.1.5. Current processor T2370. Possible options under consideration T8300, T7800, preferably T9300 .

Thanks!
Flash latest BIOS (1.5) and post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z.