Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Lenovo G550 CPU upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Only a real trial.
Hi,
yesterday I successfully upgradedĀ to T9600, and I'm wondering if now I'm using the new CPU in full, considering that previous CPU T6600 was @800MHz FSB speed, and the new one T9600 is @1066MHz, virtualization and all other fancy features, or I should enable something in BIOS...and if I have to enable it in BIOS how to do it, considering it is locked for all advanced settings....thanks
Congratulations! For BIOS unlocking create new topic in other section.
One more question, does this mean that my memory works on 533MHz despite the thing it is rated at 1066MHz?
It's OK. DDR - Double data rate. So 533Mhz is 1066 Mhz Smile.
successfully upgraded to 8GB memory
Hi guys, I succesfully upgraded a T7800 on my laptop (old T6570). It works but, after BIOS screen, it shows me the list of the installed hardware and in the end - FB No microcode update loaded for alternate processor. I have to press F1 and system starts but may work only 1-2 min and shutdown.
(I see that system find new T7800 when loaded and install drivers, but still shutdown every time after 1 min)

My bios official for x64bit w7
18CN44WW(v2.53)
CPU spec code is SLAF6.
As I understand, need to inject microcode for new processor, but dont know how.

Can some help me?
Try to flash my BIOS mod.
(01-31-2017, 11:45 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Try to flash my BIOS mod.

Thx you so much! Test it, and works great ))) problem solved. I'm happy, you do amazing work ))) Cool
Pages: 1 2 3