Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Intel d5400xs "Skulltrail" - Unlock/Mod request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(03-28-2017, 12:03 PM)danil771 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe i can do someting by hex editor?
You can't because you haven't a hardware programmer (like CH341A).
PEP.dat which contain microcodes for CHECKUP7, maybe i can modify them?
CHECKUP7 i downloaded from there http://ideafix.name/?p=2596#comment-12853
Can you get me a link with yours CHECKUP7 ?
You can't downgrade version of microcode by CHECKUP7.
By the way Intel VT-x and Speed Step options are hidden in my bios.
Maybe microdes was updated successful, but how i can enable these options?
Who can help me?
(03-28-2017, 12:29 PM)danil771 Wrote: [ -> ]By the way Intel VT-x and Speed Step options are hidden in my bios.
Who can help me?

Sorry, I did not observe this thread because there weren't any answers for a longer time.

In the meantime I managed to get some extremely rare Intel Core 2 Quad QX9775 CPUs. After installing these, the settings concerning VT-D/VT-X became visible in the BIOS.

This seems to be a software-lock in the BIOS which prevents theese options to become visible if the CPU is not the QX9775. 
I can confirm that Windows 10 is fully operational with the QX9775 and BIOS-Options enabled.

Moreover, I can confirm that my formerly used X5470-CPUs are fully Windows 10-ready, because I tested them with a Socket 771-775 mod on a P45-Mainboard. So this issue is BIOS-related.

Unfortunately, the SATA-Controller is still making problems in my setup but can't be disabled in the BIOS.
Were you able to figure out any way of modifying the BIOS in the meantime and e.g. disable the controller?
(05-09-2017, 08:41 AM)StarGeneral Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2017, 12:29 PM)danil771 Wrote: [ -> ]By the way Intel VT-x and Speed Step options are hidden in my bios.
Who can help me?

Sorry, I did not observe this thread because there weren't any answers for a longer time.

In the meantime I managed to get some extremely rare Intel Core 2 Quad QX9775 CPUs. After installing these, the settings concerning VT-D/VT-X became visible in the BIOS.

This seems to be a software-lock in the BIOS which prevents theese options to become visible if the CPU is not the QX9775. 
I can confirm that Windows 10 is fully operational with the QX9775 and BIOS-Options enabled.

Moreover, I can confirm that my formerly used X5470-CPUs are fully Windows 10-ready, because I tested them with a Socket 771-775 mod on a P45-Mainboard. So this issue is BIOS-related.

Unfortunately, the SATA-Controller is still making problems in my setup but can't be disabled in the BIOS.
Were you able to figure out any way of modifying the BIOS in the meantime and e.g. disable the controller?

I am waiting for e5450 with C0 stepping, i think that with C0 stepping VT-D/VT-X became visible.
What problems do you have with your SATA-Controller??? There are SSD+HDD in my system, and allis fine.
Now I am thinking about video card, which will be better for for this CPUs ??
You can try to use the modded version of CHECKUP7.
(06-10-2017, 01:05 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]You can try to use the modded version of CHECKUP7.

I'm also having this problem installing windows 10 64-bit. it says no compexchange128.  can't install win 10. i'm running the latest bios 1353.
i'm using two X5492 CPU. can anyone mod the bios and get win 10 install? thanks in advance

-Mark-
Pages: 1 2 3