Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Intel d5400xs "Skulltrail" - Unlock/Mod request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello everybody,

I am currently working on a project named "Project skulltrail". 
This includes the usage of an very rare Intel d5400xs mainboard, also known as "Skulltrail" with two Socket 771-Quadcore (X5470) overclocked to 4Ghz.

While the hardware is up and running, I realised a very strange problem:

I want to use Windows 10 (e.g. because of the graphics cards used) and I can't install it. 
The Upgrade-programm, executed from Windows 7 x64 says "your CPU does not support CMPXCHG16b / CompareExchange128". This is not true, because the Upgrade is running fine using just the same CPU on an ASUS P5Q-E. 

I tried installing Windows 10 using a burned DVD - but the installer does only start using the 32bit-version of the setup which does not require the feauture mentioned above (and which is useless because I want to use the 16GB of installied FB-DIMMs). The 64bit-version does not start, probably because of the missing, or just not passed through via BIOS, support of CMPXCHG16b or because of the old SATA-controller image (2008).

So, my question is:
- Can someone unlock the support or some options in the BIOS so i can enable the CMPXCHG16b-function?
- Can someone patch the AHCI-controller-ROM to a more recent version? The board uses an Intel ESB2 AHCI Controller.
- Are there some other hidden menues which can be unlocked (especially concerning Intel EIST, PAE, NX, ...)?

You can find the latest Intel-BIOS here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/de/down...54010J-86A-

I would be so grateful if you could help me! The project is somewhat stuck at this point...
Thank you so much in advance for your help!

StarGeneral
(02-23-2016, 04:40 PM)StarGeneral Wrote: [ -> ]No one? Sad

Hello, are you solve this problem?
I have D5400XS Skulltrail and 2x Xeon E5450 E0.
And there are no SSE 4.1, VT-x and Speed Step.
Who know how to update microcodes on this board?
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z.
Also I need a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
BTW: it isn't Phoenix BIOS.
(03-26-2017, 12:10 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z.
Also I need a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
BTW: it isn't Phoenix BIOS.

There is one E5450 E0 in my board now.
Do you use modded version of BIOS?
What tool you use to load latest version (0xA0B) of microcode?
(03-26-2017, 12:37 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Do you use modded version of BIOS?
What tool you use to load latest version (0xA0B) of microcode?

This is last official bios 1353 which moded by CHECKUP7.EXE
Log of that update:

Processor Update Utility for Intel(R) P6 and Intel NetBurst(R)    |
|     Microarchitecture Family of Microprocessors                       |
|     Version 7.14, 09/23/2005, Production                              |
|     Copyright 1995-2004, Intel Corporation.  
The system BIOS supports the microcode update API.
Searching database file for Processor Signature=0001067A Platform ID=40
Attempting to permanently install the microcode update(s) in your system BIOS.

Checking microcode update for processor signature 1067A and platform ID 40:
BIOS microcode update revision = A0B
Database microcode update revision = A0B
The microcode update currently loaded in your processor(s) is the
latest revision as of 09/23/2005. No changes are needed.
Please make sure you have the latest version of the utility.
(03-26-2017, 12:46 PM)danil771 Wrote: [ -> ]This is last official bios 1353 which moded by CHECKUP7.EXE
But you have only version 1175.
Try to flash native version 1353 and make new screenshots of first tab of CPU-Z и regedit.
(03-26-2017, 12:53 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-26-2017, 12:46 PM)danil771 Wrote: [ -> ]This is last official bios 1353 which moded by CHECKUP7.EXE
But you have only version 1175.
Try to flash native version 1353 and make new screenshots of first tab of CPU-Z и regedit.

Oh sorry about this... i am trying different variants...
Flashed 1353, here screenshots:
Did you use CHECKUP7 now after last BIOS updating?
(03-26-2017, 01:07 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Did you use CHECKUP7 now after last BIOS updating?

no
Pages: 1 2 3