Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Lenovo B590 CPU upgrade to i7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Try to flash BIOS 1.06 and try to boot QC0R without laptop's battery.
P.S. Please give me link where you found a screenshot with QC0R.
Ok, I will try to flash the BIOS and report back.

Here is the link: http://tw.taobao.com/item/37571586021.ht...PV895_2461

By the way, when you say "boot QC0R without laptop's battery" what do you mean? How can I boot if there is no battery connected?
Yes, disconnect battery, plug only external power.
Oh, OK!
It didn't work with BIOS 1.06 either.
So I don't any problem in BIOS. It's hardware problem: maybe CPU is dead or laptop's motherboard has too weak power subsystem.
Oh, ok. Thank you!

How to know if it's dead? The laptop powers up and the fan starts spinning, but the screen stays black and won't turn on. After some moments the fan stops. Sometimes when I reboot it after that the fan stays on until I power off. There are no beeps coming from the computer. Would it do that if the CPU was dead?

Anything I can do about the power subsystem? The old i5 processor was 35W, but this one is 45W. Maybe another power supply?
You only can check CPU on other laptop.
Power subsystem on the motherboard, it not in external power supply. You can't upgrade it.
Alright then. I will send it back for a refund.

One last thing: can you tell me if my BIOS supports the i7-3612QM? It's slightly slower than the 3610QM, but 35W (same as the i5)

Here's a CPU-Z screen:

[Image: xs129dD.jpg]
Only I can say - your BIOS has microcode for i7-3612QM.
P.S. BIOS H1ET73WW(1.16)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5