Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Packard Bell TM85 (Acer 5741G) - Intel i7 920XM & CMSO8GX3M1A1600C11 memory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is there a difference between laptop's working with native BIOS and my mod?
May be native BIOS works fine with i7-920XM and Kingston memory.
Please try flash native BIOS and post result. Especially I need a result of Coreinfo in this case.
65°C (150°F) is just after boot, after a bit of idle time it raises to 75°C (170°F), and will easily go over 90°C (195°F) with only little activites.

Hope it just needs some software tweaks...
Ok, tried the newest bios off Packard Bell's website..

Not sure if it is because it got to cool off between cycles, but it is idle now @ 65°C (150°F)...

Maybe i should get a new cooling paste, might solve the issue..

using outdated AS5
What is version of "the newest bios off Packard Bell's website"? Can you give a link to it?
And I still need a result of Coreinfo with this "the newest bios".
Cleaned up CPU & GPU and applied CoolerMaster thermal compound, seems to run a lot cooler now.

I've included the downloaded file off Packard Bells website.

Everything seems to be in working order, i would however like a MENU in BIOS to be able to control fan speed and GPU memory.

Would be nice to be able to have 1-1,5GB of GPU memory, and also speed up the fan a bit sooner Smile

Thanks again in advance, seems my old bios was way outdated.

p.s. these temperatures are right after the Resident Evil 5 Benchmark
Look at your old screenshot of CPU-Z
[Image: attachment.php?aid=10218]
You used the same BIOS - version 1.23
So problem was not in CPU and BIOS. I've delete my useless mod.
You can use "Unlocked" BIOS from camiloml. It's based on version 1.23 too.
I was using Camiloml Bios last time...
Can you make a unlocked menu with GPU settings, adjust memory and possibly a FAN control menu..

Thanks again...
I don't make unlocking mods. You can create new topic in Insyde BIOS Unlocking Requests. It's offtopic here.
Pages: 1 2 3