Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] HP Elitebook 2740p - Whitelist Removal - sp73923
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I would like to have my 2740p's bios whitelist removed please. Here is the information:

BIOS: F.60 Rev A http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/publi...id=4145452&swItemId=ob_157349_1&swEnvOid=4059

PCI ID: https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Intel_Centrino...(622ANHMW)

Please let me know if there is any additional information I am missing. Thank you!

Adam
hello,Adam!
Only sp5**** can be moddable, but not all!Your laptop produced after Jan, 2012 so your bios is internal RSA checked. It is one of method of protection flashing mod bioses.
At this time you have 3 solutions:
1.Usually HP Mobos have 2 slots for cards and second slot not checking by bios for whitelist. So you can try plug-in card here.
2.Use USB external adapter with needed parameters.
3.Get mod and flash it into bios chip. You must disassemle laptop and solder out bios chip.
Regards.
Hi,

My laptop was made before 2012, can I downgrade my laptop to an older bios that is moddable?

Adam
last bios sp5**** are RSA signed and new HP bioses doesnt support downgrade. You need HW SPI Programmer in every cause.
(02-23-2016, 08:05 PM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: [ -> ]last bios sp5**** are RSA signed and new HP bioses doesnt support downgrade. You need HW SPI Programmer in every cause.

Would you be able to mod the last sp5 bios for this laptop for me? I can program the bios manually with the programmer. Let me know, thanks!
I'm sorry,it seems your bios is internal RSA signed beginning from earliest version, so we cannot mod it.
I checked same requests at this forum and at MDL but found no reply.
We can try to add your new wifi card to whitelist, but you have risk a sembrick.
Hi,

I have also HP Elitebook 2740p and I need to replace BIOS chip. Does anybody know where is located on the motherboard? A picture maybe?

Thanks!