Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: CPU upgrade Asus U31SG from i3 Sandy Bridge to i7 Ivy Bridge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
good day dears,
I am in trouble: I bought an Asus U31SG laptop with sandy bridge dual core i3 2350m, I red that its socket is compatible with ivy bridge, so I upgraded the heat sink and bought an i7 3630qm quad core...the problem is this: when I turn on te pc with that i7 installed its continue turning on and off every about one second, I update the bios at the last version but it was useless. I saw even the working voltages and the i7 works at the same voltage of the old i3. So I thinked that the problems may be two:
- or the bios must be updated due to a ivy bridge non-supporting
- or the bios must be changed due to a quad core non supporting

it has an ami bios

so I have some questions:
- may I flash a bios of a similar i7 quad asus laptop?
- may I flash a bios of a similar ivy bridge asus laptop?
so I am here asking you what do you think I can do and if does exist a modded bios witch could allow me to use this i7?

obviously if it's possible to have even the bios unlocked to can increase or decrease the cpu multipier in case that my upgraded heatsink isn't enought efficient or could support more heat it would be fantastic!

thank you very much for your attention
Frank
Install your native CPU and post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z.
[Image: asus-u31sg-rx122d-cpu-z-mb.jpg]
Your laptop is based on HM65 chipset. It doesn't support Ivy Bridge core.
Thank you v much for your quick reply,
here are the screenshots

[attachment=10318]

[attachment=10319]
[censored]! so I spent 90€ for nothing...so I will buy an i3 3rd generation laptop to use this i7, thank you anyway for your precious help ^^