Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P CMPXCHG16b Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Motherboard Make/Model: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Version 1.6
Bios Version You Want Modding: FFb, 2010/10/06
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product...x?pid=3137&dl=#bios

Hello and an early thanks for helping. I have modded the newest FFb 2010/10/06 AWARD bios to supporting the 771 to 775 conversion and am am successfully running a Xeon X5470 and E5472. This entailed injecting 3 microcodes to support the 775.

I have been able to install many operating systems, however Windows 10 64bit will not install due to CMPXCHG16b / CompareExchange128 not being supported.

That said, i did read where this might be fixed by updating "all quad core microcode". Unfortunately I have not mastered this skill and am asking for guidance or a modded BIOS to resolve this issue. Any assistance in resolving this would be greatly appreciated!
Googled "How to Update CPU Microcode in Award or Phoenix BIOS – For LGA 771 & 775 Delidded", used beta bios, tools from this website, and updated all microcode. Success!!!! Now I am able to install Windows 10 64bit, and likely server 2012 R2, etc. Many thanks!