Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Intel D975XBX2 Bad Axe 2 - microcode patch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Windows load needed microcode.
(03-25-2016, 01:36 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Windows load needed microcode.

Well, If I'd agree completely , I wouldn't be able to write this. It's a Win 10, btw.

The capture from registry I've put in to show that there is no microcode loaded prior to the one loaded by the OS (version 00).
The only difference from e5300 with 1067Ah cpuid is that the bios recognizes the 06FBh cpuid for the Xeon.
For the E5300, in the dmesg logs, I've found similar messages : microcode updated from version 00 to xx.
(03-26-2016, 12:01 AM)mgabi Wrote: [ -> ]The only difference from e5300 with 1067Ah cpuid is that the bios recognizes the 06FBh cpuid for the Xeon.
No, you are wrong. As I explained, BIOS don't recognize CPIUD for your Xeon cause the platform is different.
You can try to disable all power saving in BIOS to boot Windows with E5300.
Or use Intel BIOS Implementation Test Suite to load microcode before Windows start. Tip: boot BITS in non-EFI mode, use syslinux to make usb device bootable.
I'll give it a shot, sounds interesting. The board doesn't support efi boot anyway.
It only boots mbr partitioned.
I've tried a hdd with GPT (win8) and no go.

The "recognizing" part : In configuration mode, the bios shows cpuid and loaded microcode version.

It shows 06FB for cpuid but 00 for ucode.

LE: should we put some info on the confirmed section (with the proper notes) : no ucode loaded after post, bsel mod => max 1066 fsb at boot ?
Otherwise, the board can go above 1333FSB (as expected) - I've clocked the cpu at 6x350 (2,1) with the voltage lowered to the minimum allowed in bios 1,285V, and it seems stable (well it's only been 12h).
(03-26-2016, 07:22 AM)mgabi Wrote: [ -> ]It shows 06FB for cpuid but 00 for ucode.
LE: should we put some info on the confirmed section (with the proper notes) : no ucode loaded after post, bsel mod => max 1066 fsb at boot ?
As I told - no microcode loads. BIOS will show correct CPUID for E5300 too.
About "confirmed section": I think it's senseless here. This forum about BIOS modding and we can't make a mod of this BIOS.

Update: I've tested BITS on my computer - it works.
Just coping latest microcode.dat (from Intel site) to /boot/mcu, boot with BITS and go to Start menu->Configure Menu->Load microcode. Then return to first menu and press Boot first drive MBR.
I used small old version (295).
I need a bios with updated microcodes as well. I'm running a c2d e7500 @1.6ghz instead of 2.93. I'll try to flash it this weekend and let you know of it works
andreim4
Is D975XBX2 your motherboard?
Yes. I haven't got around to try and flash the BIOS you posted. Pretty crazy schedule.
Unfortunately BIOS for this motherboard is unmoddable.
But you can load the microcode by BITS, as I wrote.
That's a bummer. I read your post but I'm not sure that is going to help me. My computer runs OK but the speed is 1.6ghz. I'm not having issues with Windows not loading
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5