Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Intel D975XBX2 Bad Axe 2 - microcode patch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Bios link : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...97520J-86A-

Ideal donor bioses for the microcode section would be : DG43RK https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...G4310H-86A-
or : DP45SG https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...P4510H-86A-

Cpuid : 06FB - Xeon E5335 - doesn't post
Cpuid : 1067A - Pentium E5400 - it posts - windows doesn't load - somehow works in linux.

I've read a lot about the intel bioses and the dreaded UEFI encapsulation and signature.
I've tried AndyP's tools - as soon as I've modded the module, it fails to pack the firmware.
I've tried using the uefitool (ubu) to extract only the body - fails at flash - or the entire module (I've tried to figure how to correct the checksums) - same result, fails to flash.
I've tried to insert a complete module, unmodified, from a donor bios with same size - no success.
I've tried to use the ITK, but that doesn't help.
I've tried to find the fitc tool - but the oldest I could find would be for 6 series chipset.
I've tried intel's fpt tool (dos, windows) to force flash the modded bios, but I guess I didn't find the right version (messages about this platform is not supported). No other flash tools seem to work.

I'm not very good at using the IDA disassembler - I couldn't follow CodeRush's instructions from his articles - partly due to google translate.
I don't have a programmer to flash the modded bios.

I'd like some opinions from people that spent some days on the same issues:

Are there any tools from intel (SDK) something to rebuild/edit the BIOS ?
Are there any tools that can force flash a modded bios on an intel board ?
Are there other ways to extract/repack the bios besides uefitool ? (repack being the painful part)
Is there a way to disable/bypass the signature check that fails with a modded bios ? Tried donovan's articles to no avail.
Is there a way to use a new set of keys to repack the intel bios ?

If anyone has anything that I could test, just fire away, I'm willing to go nuclear on this board.

This is a project that I've started as a tech geek, my life doesn't depend on it, but I seem I can't just put it to rest Wink
Have you any CPU for this motherboard that can boot Windows?
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z.
P.S. Chipset 975X support FSB=1066 Mhz maximum. So it's a reason why E5335 with FSB=1333 MHz doesn't post.
Here are the screenshots from cpu-z:

I know that officially it doesn't support 1333fsb, but I've seen some nice results with asus boards with the same chipset (past 400 - 1600fsb overclocked)
I wouldn't had tried otherwise.

[attachment=10508][attachment=10509]
You can try bsel mod to boot E5335 underclocked.
Please download latest version of BIOS (for DOS).
Unpack all files to USB stick with pure DOS and boot from it.
Then run:
iflash /md /pf BX2838P.BIO
(03-25-2016, 01:30 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Please download latest version of BIOS (for DOS).
Unpack all files to USB stick with pure DOS and boot from it.
Then run:
iflash /md /pf BX2838P.BIO

I've tried the latest version (2838). The one in the capture (2813) is 2 versions back - I had a sligthly larger microcode module (64k vs 60k).
The results are the same.
Please flash latest version of BIOS form DOS by iflash.
And show result. I need it for modding.
P.S. Version 2809 has 68K microcode block.
Updated (again) to the latest bios version from intel (2838)

[attachment=10519][attachment=10520]

Same results :

C2D E5300 (45nm) somehow works in linux (OS ucode update) - cpuid 06F6 - platform 01
Xeon E5335 - no post - cpuid 06FB - platform 40

I'm gonna dig for the bsel mod for the Xeon.
Did you flash by iflash?
What CPUs you have for socket 775(!) with CPUID=06Fx ?
(03-25-2016, 03:33 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Did you flash by iflash?
What CPUs you have for socket 775(!) with CPUID=06Fx ?

I stand corrected :

the e5300 is 1067Ah

I have the cpu in the pictures : C2D E6600 - 06F6
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5