Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Solved] Asus eeepc 1000hgo windows 10?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi everybody,

I tried to upgrade my Eeepc 1000HGo to Windows10 (win7 pro is running; BIOS v. 0703). Installation fails with message "Your PC is not able to run Windows 10". It seems to miss the "NX" (NoExecute)- Bit. In BIOS settings are no possibility to activate that bit.

For my wife's Eeepc 1000H I solved the same problem with upgrading the bios to v. 2204.

Unfortunately, v. 0703 is the last bios for the 1000HGo.

So here are my questions:
1. Has anybody modded the BIOS 0703 for setting the nx-bit enable (or can do that)? or
2. Can I flash over the 0703 with the 2204 (by renaming the file from 1000h.rom to 1000hg.rom or will this destroy my device?

Hope somebody can help me, I really love my 1000HGo (3g-modem inside...)

Thanks a lot, Mirko
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z.
(04-01-2016, 06:30 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z.
Here is:
OK.
Download Coreinfo, run it command line and post results.
(04-01-2016, 06:53 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]OK.
Download Coreinfo, run it command line and post results.

pffft...
NX-bit is set:
Code:
NX              *       Supports no-execute page protection
(04-01-2016, 07:11 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]NX-bit is set:
Code:
NX * Supports no-execute page protection

Thank you very much. I thought it's the nx-thing; read about in a lot of forums. The upgrade prog says "Your CPU is not supported". But my problem is still the same... Huh  SO STILL I BEG FOR HELPING ME!
Run Coreinfo in command line on your wife's Eeepc 1000H and post results.
(04-01-2016, 07:18 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Run Coreinfo in command line on your wife's Eeepc 1000H and post results.
@DeathBringer: Have to leave for taking my wife from work. Back in an hour... stand by, please!
I don't see any difference. What the version of Windows 10 you tried to install: home or pro, x86 or x64?
Pages: 1 2 3