Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP Pavilion 500-595na Virtualization Technology unlocking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How to enable HP Desktop 500-595na 'Virtualization Technology (Vtx/Vtd)' in BIOS?

Folks,

I'm brand new to this forum so please bear with me.

I have an HP Desktop 500-595na PC running Windows 10 Pro (Build 10.0.10586). This unit is based on Intel ® Core ™ i5-4460 CPU @ 3.2GHz processor which supports Intel ® Virtualization Technology. BIOS Version is AMI 80.06, 01/04/2015. Motherborad is Memphis2-S (Manufacturer is Hewlett-Packard). 

I would like to use VMware Workstation 12.1 to host a 64-bit guest Linux OS virtual machine. This requires hardware Virtualization Technology to be both present in hardware (which it is) and enabled in BIOS which it can't be - the boot process Setup Utility under Security->System Security has a 'Virtualization Technology (Vtx/Vtd)' configuration menu whose only option is to 'Disable' (see attached screenshot.

Is it possible to circumvent this to 'Enable' the Vtx/Vtd option and, if so, could you tell me which tools and technques are involved.

As I said, this is fresh territory for me, so any assistance would be greatly apprecietd.

Best regards,

GWOLSTEN