Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: please help with my bios (will donate)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello all, I'm new to this forum... i see some great work has been done on here.
I have recently changed my cpu from a intel Celeron 1005m to a i5 3380m, (same socket,)
problem is... everything works fine... but after exactly 30 mins laptop shuts off...
all temps are always under 50 (using speed fan, and other monitoring programs) this includes cpu temp. all MB temp. hdd temp ect... PERFECT.
the problem is Toshibas bios is not accepting i5 3380m in the supported list of cpu's... the laptop runs perfectly no heat, no problems until the 30 min mark (to the second!!!) Confused .
please anyone on here can they do microcode or some custom bios to accept 3380m ? please help...
I will gladly make a handsome donation to whomever can?
Your notebook has HM70 chipset. HM70 has well known problem and can't run i3/i5/i7 more then 30 minutes.
Only hub(HM70) replacing will help. Or you can replace whole motherboard to new one with HM75, HM76 or HM77.
Another solution: put your laptop to sleep state every 25-29 min. This reset a timer. You can use Task Scheduler to do it.
(05-21-2016, 12:30 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Your notebook has HM70 chipset. HM70 has well known problem and can't run i3/i5/i7 more then 30 minutes.
Only hub(HM70) replacing will help. Or you can replace whole motherboard to new one with HM75, HM76 or HM77.
Another solution: put your laptop to sleep state every 25-29 min. This reset a timer. You can use Task Scheduler to do it.

thank you for the very quick response... just a few quick questions
1. how do I replace the hub? (is it as easy as opening up and changing cpu?)

2. if i change from hm70 will the hm75 fit in my laptop ? same [censored] placement ect and without any additional bios?

3. is there no possible bios patch or fix or microcode,... other than the sleep state you stated?
I do appreciate your info on this as it is scarce on google ect...
Hub replacement is very difficult. Hub is soldered.
BIOS patching can't help you.
(05-21-2016, 12:42 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Hub replacement is very difficult. Hub is soldered.
BIOS patching can't help you.

ah I see?... so I kinda just wasted 50 pound on a i5 3380m Confused ...
just looking at motherboards and they are around 100 pounds too! Huh  be cheaper finding a used laptop with i5.. probably get a newer gen cpu (gen 4) for like 200 pound ? Idea
 guess I gotta bite the bullet on this and call it a loss on the cpu and reinstall original cpu?
thank you very much again for the advice friend... you have been most helpful (positive rep given Smile )