Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3LR rev1.0 - 4TB Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings All,
Similar to this thread "https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-G...TB-request", Can someone do the same for me by only changing the Intel RAID OROM so I can use HDs >3TB and leave everything else stock?

I'm running a Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3LR rev1.0
Attached is the latest BIOS from Gigabyte.

Thanks in advance,
ikari
Modified GA-EP45T-UD3LR rev1.0 bios that was attached with the following change per your request.

Intel RAID - IMRv11201527modTRIM
(06-11-2016, 12:36 AM)gto4ben Wrote: [ -> ]Modified GA-EP45T-UD3LR rev1.0 bios that was attached with the following one change per request.

Intel RAID - IMRv11201527modTRIM

Thank you gto4ben!
It worked and I can see and create the 4TB RAID1 from BIOS(Ctrl + I) view. When I get into the OS(Win7Ult64bit), it cannot see it as 4TB RAID1.
Windows 64bit OS can see the entire 4TB but you'll need to partition the array as GPT instead of MBR.
MBR limits you to 2047MB
(06-11-2016, 09:54 AM)gto4ben Wrote: [ -> ]Windows 64bit OS can see the entire 4TB but you'll need to partition the array as GPT instead of MBR.
MBR limits you to 2047MB

Screenshot attached.

When the computer booted up, I pressed Ctrl+I, created the RAID 1 array, and can see that it shows as a 3.7TB drive. Then Windows boots up. When I go to Disk Management, the new RAID 3.7TB drive shows as two separate 1678.0GB drives(DIsk 1 and Disk 2). Shouldn't it show as one 3.7TB drive?

I am prompted to convert to MBR or GPT. I selected GPT and this is where i stopped. Usually when I select GPT on newer systems, it automatically recognizes the 4TB.

On a side note, Do I need to install the Intel 11.2.0.1527 driver to match what was updated in the BIOS?
(06-11-2016, 01:09 PM)ikari2000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2016, 09:54 AM)gto4ben Wrote: [ -> ]Windows 64bit OS can see the entire 4TB but you'll need to partition the array as GPT instead of MBR.
MBR limits you to 2047MB

Screenshot attached.

When the computer booted up, I pressed Ctrl+I, created the RAID 1 array, and can see that it shows as a 3.7TB drive. Then Windows boots up. When I go to Disk Management, the new RAID 3.7TB drive shows as two separate 1678.0GB drives(DIsk 1 and Disk 2). Shouldn't it show as one 3.7TB drive?

I am prompted to convert to MBR or GPT. I selected GPT and this is where i stopped. Usually when I select GPT on newer systems, it automatically recognizes the 4TB.

On a side note, Do I need to install the Intel 11.2.0.1527 driver to match what was updated in the BIOS?

Resolved. Updated to the latest Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST) RAID Driver 14.8.0.1042. All is good. Thanks again! Do you have a PayPal account? I would love to send a contribution for all that you've done and have done for others. 

Super appreciated,
ikari