Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Toshiba C660D-14E After BIOS Update,i got Black Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello to all,

I have a Toshiba laptop which requested to Update into the new bios ,from 1.40 to 1.60 so i pressed Okay,all went well all green at 100% , it restarted and from then i have black screen.

I searched around the internet and i saw many people with the same laptop as mine ,to have the same problem ,i think it's problem from Toshiba (out of warranty product).

I have found that the only bios file that i get from the european site is the 1.60
So i download it , i extract it to use with crisis but inside i see 2 folders

DIS (inside has bios.rom and ec.rom)
UMA (inside has bios.rom and ec.rom)

Don't know what to use, or how do i get it alive ,any help ?
I'll take a guess...

DIS - Discrete Graphics
UMA - Unified Memory Architecture - Integrated Graphics.
(08-10-2016, 02:21 AM)oloruin Wrote: [ -> ]I'll take a guess...

DIS - Discrete Graphics

After so much time i finally received my programmer, and i programmed my ROM from the Beggining and now my Laptop is up and running!!!

Angel Angel
(10-14-2016, 04:25 AM)AccountSaver Wrote: [ -> ]

DIS - Discrete Graphics

After so much time i finally received my programmer, and i programmed my ROM from the Beggining and now my Laptop is up and running!!!

Angel Angel

Hi AccountSaver,

I have the same issue (brick my laptop due to 1.60 bios update from Toshiba website) on my Toshiba C660D-1E2 and I would like to know how did you fix it?

I have downloaded your bios file from here and I have followed the phoenix BIOS recovery tutorial. But it does not work for all bios files I have tested.

Do you think your bios file is compatible with my laptop? (I think CPU is not the same)

Could you explain me how did you proceed to fix your bios with your programmer?

I have no experience in reprogramming from scratch, any help will be appreciated.
(01-27-2017, 07:19 PM)Liieb Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2016, 04:25 AM)AccountSaver Wrote: [ -> ]

DIS - Discrete Graphics

Angel Angel

Hi AccountSaver,

I have the same issue (brick my laptop due to 1.60 bios update from Toshiba website) on my Toshiba C660D-1E2 and I would like to know how did you fix it?

I have downloaded your bios file from here and I have followed the phoenix BIOS recovery tutorial. But it does not work for all bios files I have tested.

Do you think your bios file is compatible with my laptop? (I think CPU is not the same)

Could you explain me how did you proceed to fix your bios with your programmer?

I have no experience in reprogramming from scratch, any help will be appreciated.

Hello,
Did you fix your pc? I have the same problem... Thanks