Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Are the AMI BIOS tools still safe to use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone

I just got this new Asus laptop, model N551VW and at first sight, the bios modding here looks a lot easier than on my old hp which has this stupid RSA signed bios you couldn't do anything with...

I discovered certain tools like changelogo, amibcp, afuwin, ... and I just want to know, are they still safe? What are your experiences with it on more recent asus laptops?

I was able to extract my bios with afuwin and I was able to read and save it with amibcp. I was also able to extract the stock splash screen from the bios rom file and it all seems to work like it's supposed to.

Of course, extracting, reading and modifying is easy but how about writing the newly created bios rom to the bios chip? Let's say I just modified the splash screen logo with one of identical size (let's say the original one with a dot in it for exemple) would I be able to write this to the bios rom without any problems or would there be some verification issues, considering that I just got this laptop, I'd rather be extremely safe than sorry...

Just one last thing, If i decide to flash a modified one with afuwin and it ends up bricking my laptop, what do I do? I remember with my old hp it would boot of a usb drive when you pressed win + B on startup and it would reflash the bios if it was broken, does asus have such thing?