Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: ASUS X99A/3.1 2628L ES
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a 12 Core 2011 14nm Xeon marked QHV8. I believe it is a E5 - 2628L ES. It works fine in my Z10PE-D16.

When I put it in my Asus X99A/3.1 motherboard I have to reset the CMOS everytime I start it up or it will hang on POST with code 19. Seems to run fine other than having to reset the CMOS every boot. 

Is this a microcode issue? If you all are too busy to create a modded BIOS where would I find the microcode for an ES? Also I've tried using MMTool, but it looks like the exported mod has to be signed. Any links on how that is done? Thanks all for your help.

I have attached AIDA64 and CPUID screenshots. Thanks! The original ASUS BIOS (3101) can be found at ASUS 3101 BIOS . It is attached too. Again Thanks!
It isn't a microcode issue. The last BIOS for Asus X99-A/USB 3.1 already has microcode for CPIUD=0x406F0, version - 0x14, date - 07/02/2015.
It's impossible to use this CPU with all Asus X99 series.
Thanks for checking on the microcode for me. I wonder what would cause it to work and then not on reboot.
I think BIOS hung when it checked internal state of CPU with default values in NVRAM.
You can try previous version of BIOS.
(07-15-2016, 12:30 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]I think BIOS hung when it checked internal state of CPU with default values in NVRAM.
You can try previous version of BIOS.

Ok, thanks. I tried the earlier BIOS versions. The next to latest version does the same thing, and all the previous versions will not boot with my 16Gb ECC RAM sticks. 

Is there a way to clear the NVRAM on shutdown without clearing out all the BIOS settings?
"Clearing the NVRAM" is "clearing out all the BIOS settings".
Reset the CMOS, boot up with ES CPU, enter into BIOS, load default values, then try to disable everything in BIOS, reboot.
You need to find combination of setting changing POST code.
(07-15-2016, 01:17 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]"Clearing the NVRAM" is "clearing out all the BIOS settings".
Reset the CMOS, boot up with ES CPU, enter into BIOS, load default values, then try to disable everything in BIOS, reboot.
You need to find combination of setting changing POST code.

Ok, disabled everything in BIOS. It still hangs with code 19 when I don't clear the CMOS. I'm just going to buy a supported non ES Xeon. Thanks for your help.