Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: P8H61-I/RM/SI bios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good afternoon people;

I have had this motherboard for while now, however after a bit of research and being on the phone for awhile, I found that Asus have no rights to this motherboard, so to speak, therefore they provide no support for it!

The motherboard is covered by RM Education, which i can only think is a company that distributes computers, for educational purposes, meaning that they will limit the compatibility so that people like me can't use them, and build them into a new system.

The problem i'm having is that i cannot find a bios that is compatible, which will result in my being able to change the CPU. Which at the moment its got a Celeron G550 which is all it'll take.

The Asus website is no help, as their drivers/bios' are for their version of the board. 

I was wondering if their was a bios hack, or even a copy of the bios that i need somewhere. I have searched rigorously and still not found anything. 

If its possible then it would save me some money, and give the kids a decent PC to play games on. 

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU G550 @ 2.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 8171 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760, -1 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 457359 MB, Free - 62869 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P8H61-I/RM/SI REV1.00

The current bios is 0403 - 23/06/2011

Much appreciated!
Post the screenshots of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z with native CPU.
Make BIOS backup by Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0.
Make a good foto of your motherboard.