Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: AFUDOS Project ID Issue When Flashing Modified BIOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let me preface this by saying I am a complete novice when it comes to BIOS mods.

So I am trying to modify and flash the AMI Aptio 4 BIOS for my Toshiba Satellite P755 so that I can get advanced features to help get my eGPU setup and running. Here's what I did:

-Backed up BIOS ROM using AFUWIN
-Modified some settings from "Default" to "USER" in AMIBCP
-Used Rufus to make a FreeDOS USB and copied AFUDOS and the modified BIOS to it
-Booted to USB
-Ran "AFUDOS bios.rom /P /B /N /K"
-Received error saying something along the lines of ROM ID does not match.

I know there is the /X option in AFUDOS to not check ROM ID, but I am not sure whether it is safe to use in this case.

So my question is: should I use the /X option, or is there something that I have done wrong or may have gone wrong with my process?

Thanks for the help!

Update: The error message reads "Warning: Project ID Check Fail"
I have found the following article, which shows a process for Toshiba BIOS Modding. http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/...ed.639689/

It looks like part of the issue is that AMIBCP could be corrupting the BIOS when saving. Also, in order to flash a modded BIOS, you need to first flash an older BIOS version that has had the version number edited in a hex editor. I downloaded BIOS version 2.60 from the Toshiba website, and I am trying to figure out how to edit the version number in HxD, but this is what I am seeing. It all appears to be nonsense to me.

[Image: VZ0KgtP.png]

Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks.